MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] ATT HTC ONE M8 - Not working - Explanation Following

OP scruff72

13th June 2014, 04:17 AM   |  #11  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,275

7,490 posts
Did you ever try to factory reset in bootloader?

This is the second post today I've seen where a person was having trouble wiping /data, which is usually a breeze. I wonder what is causing this. I'm just reaching a bit here, as the only time I've seen such issues, is on my old One X (EVITA) where doing a factory reset in bootloader would corrupt the internal storage. And the fact you said that formatting the storage fixed the issue, also reminds me of that same issue on the EVITA.
29th June 2014, 02:25 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I'm in the same boat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruff72

I fixed it....your advice got me to digging and I actually formatted the partition and then was able to load CM11. Thanks again...greatly appreciated.

Hi, I'm in a similar situation with my newly acquired HTC One M8.
I have access to bootloader and recovery (TWRP v.2.7.0.2), but I'm getting all the same "failed to mount ***" errors as you were having.

Can you please elaborate on how to "format the partition" or point me to a detailed thread/article on how to do that?
And any notes on how you got it back to work are very appreciated - I've spent hours and hours researching a trying things without any success.

I'm sorry I'm somewhat new to this...

Let me know if you need any more info and thank you for your help in advance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread