Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 51,672 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ATT HTC ONE M8 - Not working - Explanation Following

Tip us?

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2801
Did you ever try to factory reset in bootloader?

This is the second post today I've seen where a person was having trouble wiping /data, which is usually a breeze. I wonder what is causing this. I'm just reaching a bit here, as the only time I've seen such issues, is on my old One X (EVITA) where doing a factory reset in bootloader would corrupt the internal storage. And the fact you said that formatting the storage fixed the issue, also reminds me of that same issue on the EVITA.
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: AT&T HTC One (M8)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (WiFi only)

zlokot
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default I'm in the same boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruff72 View Post
I fixed it....your advice got me to digging and I actually formatted the partition and then was able to load CM11. Thanks again...greatly appreciated.
Hi, I'm in a similar situation with my newly acquired HTC One M8.
I have access to bootloader and recovery (TWRP v.2.7.0.2), but I'm getting all the same "failed to mount ***" errors as you were having.

Can you please elaborate on how to "format the partition" or point me to a detailed thread/article on how to do that?
And any notes on how you got it back to work are very appreciated - I've spent hours and hours researching a trying things without any success.

I'm sorry I'm somewhat new to this...

Let me know if you need any more info and thank you for your help in advance.