Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,412 Members 45,151 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Trouble with TWRP 2.7.10

Tip us?

leon sprouse
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 86
Default Trouble with TWRP 2.7.10

I have a Galaxy S5 from T-Mobile and was using TWRP recovery. I had made a back-up of everything and had to restore using it. After the restore Every app I tried to open had this error "unfortunately (app name) has stopped. This was with every app!!! Is there a setting I am missing? Could it have to do with other back-ups , i.e. Dropbox , Google or Samsung. Do these have to be turned off?
Please help.

em0ney14
Old
Thanks Meter 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by leon sprouse View Post
I have a Galaxy S5 from T-Mobile and was using TWRP recovery. I had made a back-up of everything and had to restore using it. After the restore Every app I tried to open had this error "unfortunately (app name) has stopped. This was with every app!!! Is there a setting I am missing? Could it have to do with other back-ups , i.e. Dropbox , Google or Samsung. Do these have to be turned off?
Please help.
Hey Leon, sorry for your problem.

When you made a back up, it was with twrp or titanium backup, or something else?

I had an issue using the backup feature of any custom recovery, so I stick to using titanium backup and having it back everything up to my sd card so if I flash anything and the internal memory is wiped, I still have my data.

Hope you get it figured out Leon.

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 251
TWRP 2.7.0.0 makes reliable backups for the S5. There was an update to 2.7.1.0 a few weeks ago (the version number in your thread title is incorrect). The changelog for the current version doesn't appear to suggest any major changes and I don't see any reason to rush into an upgrade. Newer isn't necessarily better and I will wait a while before updating in case any unexpected bugs arise.

Having said that, it's unlikely that there is a problem with TWRP. The TWRP team does great work and bugs are rare. You should read the TWRP threads to see if anyone else is having problems. The existing threads would also be a more effective place to seek assistance. Bugs should be posted to the TWRP github issues log so that they can address them.

ceo.mtcl
Old
Thanks Meter 398
I have there exact same problem. I was too lazy to report that and then I saw your that. After restoring the backup, none of the apps open. No solution yet.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Current Phones:
๑۩۞۩๑ LG G2 AT&T ๑۩۞۩๑

Benefits of International Samsung Galaxy S3 for US (AT&T) users

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo.mtcl View Post
No solution yet.
An easy workaround and a way to identify some alternate causes of your difficulties would be to use version 2.7.0.0 for now since it has been widely reported as reliable.

elesbb
Old
Thanks Meter 4254

DONATE TO ME
Go into recovery and fix permissions and wipe all caches

The Following User Says Thank You to elesbb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ceo.mtcl
Old
Thanks Meter 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft View Post
An easy workaround and a way to identify some alternate causes of your difficulties would be to use version 2.7.0.0 for now since it has been widely reported as reliable.
That's the same version that I have. 2.7.0.0. I may switch to philz and try again.

Current Phones:
๑۩۞۩๑ LG G2 AT&T ๑۩۞۩๑

Benefits of International Samsung Galaxy S3 for US (AT&T) users

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo.mtcl View Post
That's the same version that I have. 2.7.0.0. I may switch to philz and try again

You posted earlier that you had the exact same problem as the OP. But now it turns out that you're not even using the same version of TWRP as he is.

If you missed that critical detail, it raises the real possibility that you might be using a TWRP build intended for a different device. And that would surely cause just the type of problem that you are having. Ensure that you are using a TWRP or Philz build that is intended for your exact handset.