Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,048 Members 45,635 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Accidentally tried to update a rooted G2..

Tip us?

BrandonShea
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Unhappy Accidentally tried to update a rooted G2..

Hey guys, I screwed up bad. Im trading my G2 for an M8 tomorow, So I reverted back to my 'stock' restore on TWRP. Not really thinking about it I tried to update to 4.4 directly from the update centre. Now im stuck in a boot loop going into TWRP and it wont let me into the firmware. Can I still follow the thread that tells you how to go back to stock? Im in panic mode right now so im sorry if this has been asked before. Im just writing this so I can maybe get responses while I try and fix it myself.

thanks,
Brandon

EDIT: this back to stock thread is very intimidating. If someone could tell me an easier way (if there is one of course) to get back to stock it'd be appreciated.

poochewer
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonShea View Post
Hey guys, I screwed up bad. Im trading my G2 for an M8 tomorow, So I reverted back to my 'stock' restore on TWRP. Not really thinking about it I tried to update to 4.4 directly from the update centre. Now im stuck in a boot loop going into TWRP and it wont let me into the firmware. Can I still follow the thread that tells you how to go back to stock? Im in panic mode right now so im sorry if this has been asked before. Im just writing this so I can maybe get responses while I try and fix it myself.

thanks,
Brandon

EDIT: this back to stock thread is very intimidating. If someone could tell me an easier way (if there is one of course) to get back to stock it'd be appreciated.
If u have a nandroid of your previous setup,simply go into twrp and restore.then do a phone reset and hand it to the phone buyer
LG G2 D802T 32g STOCK ROM 4.2.2 LAUNCHER7 DORIMANX KERNEL 3.4
The Following User Says Thank You to poochewer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BrandonShea
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by poochewer View Post
If u have a nandroid of your previous setup,simply go into twrp and restore.then do a phone reset and hand it to the phone buyer
it 100% wiped all the restores for some reason. It's absolutely empty and im at 26gb free space now.

EDIT: it seems Ocean Host is down at the moment, which isnt helping .T_T

BrandonShea
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
IS there anyway I can just flash a 4.4 D803 telus stock Rom on my phone? If someone has one laying around id appreciate it )))))

btm fdr
Old
Thanks Meter 813
Quote:
IS there anyway I can just flash a 4.4 D803 telus stock Rom on my phone? If someone has one laying around id appreciate it )))))
100% wiped as in you wiped the internal storage as well.

Try to adb sideload a rom to atleast get it to boot something? You'll still have to go back to stock tho..

And if someone sends you a stock rom, that won't help you I wouldn't think. You'd still have twrp if you were to flash that. I'm assuming you want it back to 100% stock, right?
PHN LG G2
ROM Mahdi
KRN Stock
RCV dr87 TWRP
The Following User Says Thank You to btm fdr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BrandonShea
Old
(Last edited by BrandonShea; 29th June 2014 at 03:58 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by btm fdr View Post
100% wiped as in you wiped the internal storage as well.

Try to adb sideload a rom to atleast get it to boot something? You'll still have to go back to stock tho..

And if someone sends you a stock rom, that won't help you I wouldn't think. You'd still have twrp if you were to flash that. I'm assuming you want it back to 100% stock, right?
No i dont mind having TWRP. I just want 4.4 'stock' D803 rom. As in all the features of 4.4. He knows it is rooted, thats no problem

EDIT: I booted into download mode and rebooted from there. It now goes back into the stock image I had flashed. 4.2.2 LG Skin. he wants 4.4 though is the main issue.

EDIT 2: http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downlo...803R20D_00.kdz can I just flash that into recovery?

btm fdr
Old
Thanks Meter 813
Quote:
No i dont mind having TWRP. I just want 4.4 'stock' D803 rom. As in all the features of 4.4. He knows it is rooted, thats no problem

EDIT: I booted into download mode and rebooted from there. It now goes back into the stock image I had flashed. 4.2.2 LG Skin. he wants 4.4 though is the main issue.
Well, it's too bad the return to stock scares you. I'm not too sure how it works for your variant, but it was pretty straight forward to do on my D800. If you could return it to stock, then update, you could use towelroot to re-root (takes like 10 secs).

Aside from all that, i'm not too sure what else you could do really.
PHN LG G2
ROM Mahdi
KRN Stock
RCV dr87 TWRP
The Following User Says Thank You to btm fdr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BrandonShea
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by btm fdr View Post
Well, it's too bad the return to stock scares you. I'm not too sure how it works for your variant, but it was pretty straight forward to do on my D800. If you could return it to stock, then update, you could use towelroot to re-root (takes like 10 secs).

Aside from all that, i'm not too sure what else you could do really.
I have the KDZ file, and I have the LG support tool up. if I find out the right usb driver for my phone, cant I use the support tool to essientially flash it back on using the telus 4.4.kdz? or does it not work like that?

Qverse
Old
(Last edited by Qverse; 29th June 2014 at 04:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 146
Quote:
I have the KDZ file, and I have the LG support tool up. if I find out the right usb driver for my phone, cant I use the support tool to essientially flash it back on using the telus 4.4.kdz? or does it not work like that?
!. go here this will help with the right tool your should have no problems . Oh yea you have to right click and
run as admin.
2 things make sure your phone is in download mode (Turn off the phone. hold volume up and plug in usb.)
3. make sure your have the RIGHT firmware.
Thank all
LG G2 ROOTED 32gB D801 ROM: Stock Modded D80120E.kdz
Why? because it worked to get WiFi calling back
Rooted and then AutoRec

DeBloated
Lil tHis and ThAt
32gb
Mods
Xdabbeb's Camera/Video v3.1.0
The Following User Says Thank You to Qverse For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BrandonShea
Old
(Last edited by BrandonShea; 29th June 2014 at 04:35 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qverse View Post
go here this will help with the right tool your should have no problems . Oh yea you have to right click and
run as admin.
2 things make sure your phone is in download mode
3. make sure your have the RIGHT firmware.
Thank all
Great thanks! Do I use normal flash or CSE Flash?

EDIT: Went all the way through that, LG mobile driver thing crashed half way through and now my phone is in download mode on 8% and it isnt moving.

EDIT 2: rebooted and now it working, at 90% now. will update again

Tags
help pls i need dis