FORUMS

How a HTC Droid Eris Changed a Members Life

Rarely can a member say that Android development or XDA had a profound effect on … more

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Phone restarting

24th June 2014, 01:54 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Hi all, my Note 2 tends to restart when I shake it a little or randomly, used to do that with stock ROM and custom ROMs as well, does it happen to you guys as well?
Thanks
 
 
24th June 2014, 09:04 AM |#2  
themoto's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Shrouk
Thanks Meter: 203
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theplagueisback

Hi all, my Note 2 tends to restart when I shake it a little or randomly, used to do that with stock ROM and custom ROMs as well, does it happen to you guys as well?
Thanks

I had that too when i wass on stockrom 4.2.2
Now i have rooted my phone and installed phantomron V5,
Untill now it isn't happend again but i'm not sure it's gone.
24th June 2014, 09:06 AM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Yes, I have the same problem. Mine also restarts if the phone gets pressed inside jeans pocket.
I tried inserting some padding in battery compartment but no help.
Very irritating.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
24th June 2014, 12:06 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by themoto

I had that too when i wass on stockrom 4.2.2
Now i have rooted my phone and installed phantomron V5,
Untill now it isn't happend again but i'm not sure it's gone.

I haven't tried that ROM yet, I tried Omni ROM and I'm currently on Phoenix ROM.
24th June 2014, 05:41 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahuln

Yes, I have the same problem. Mine also restarts if the phone gets pressed inside jeans pocket.
I tried inserting some padding in battery compartment but no help.
Very irritating.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

In fact it does restart when I have it in my jeans pocket if I bend my legs specially when entering in a vehicle.
I'll try to insert some padding on my sim card since I had to cut it to fit and that could make it sag when there is an impact on the phone.
If it doesn't work I guess I'll just have to live with that annoyance, thank God the phone boots up fast otherwise it would be a greater nightmare.
Thanks
24th June 2014, 07:24 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Modi'in
Thanks Meter: 122
 
More
When Samsung adopted RoHS there was grave loss in the quality of soldering. Note2 is the victim of modern standards.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
24th June 2014, 07:31 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sms2000

When Samsung adopted RoHS there was grave loss in the quality of soldering. Note2 is the victim of modern standards.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Oh boy, now I'm definitely switching over to the 5.5 inch iPhone at the end of the year if there will be one...
28th June 2014, 05:18 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Thanks Meter: 371
 
More
Guys, this shouldn't have anything to do with your ROM if it's caused by physical shock to the device - it's your battery not making good contact in your phone. You need to check that.
28th June 2014, 01:00 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EP2008

Guys, this shouldn't have anything to do with your ROM if it's caused by physical shock to the device - it's your battery not making good contact in your phone. You need to check that.

On my phone the battery seems pretty tight plus the phone has been always inside a SEIDIO hard case, but I will see if I can make it more secure in place.
29th June 2014, 03:38 AM |#10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
For me this problem kept getting more and more often. Even I tried case mate tough case. That didn't help either. Finally I just exchanged the phone for N5.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note II General by ThreadRank