Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,344 Members 53,506 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

need a little help....

Tip us?
 
jojokaizer
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 25
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default need a little help....

need a little help guys... updated from an outdated twrp to clockworkmod recovery 6.0.4.7 and installed cromix 5.4. now the tablet just keeps freezing at the asus screen. is there anything I can do?
 
berndblb
Old
#2  
berndblb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 874
Posts: 2,683
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojokaizer View Post
need a little help guys... updated from an outdated twrp to clockworkmod recovery 6.0.4.7 and installed cromix 5.4. now the tablet just keeps freezing at the asus screen. is there anything I can do?
What's your bootloader version? Could that be outdated too? You gotta have 10.6.1.14.4, better .8 or .10, but .4 is fine for CROMi-X.
Also, what rom did you come from? Did you do a full wipe (cache, dalvik and data) in recovery before installing?
 
jojokaizer
Old
(Last edited by jojokaizer; 29th June 2014 at 07:54 AM.)
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 25
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb View Post
What's your bootloader version? Could that be outdated too? You gotta have 10.6.1.14.4, better .8 or .10, but .4 is fine for CROMi-X.
Also, what rom did you come from? Did you do a full wipe (cache, dalvik and data) in recovery before installing?
I had cromi 5.2 if I remember correctly, and I have clockworkmod recovery v6.0.4.7. I had twrp but it wouldn't update... and yes I did do a full wipe. after trying for awhile, I've now installed CM11 and it's booting up. but it restarts itself about 40 seconds in to booting up. now my questions is that, is there an easy way for me to installed the lastest version of twrp and install cromix 5.4? and or just having a stable CM11 is great too. thanks!
 
sbdags
Old
#4  
sbdags's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12,919
Posts: 11,436
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kenilworth, Coventry

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojokaizer View Post
I had cromi 5.2 if I remember correctly, and I have clockworkmod recovery v6.0.4.7. I had twrp but it wouldn't update... and yes I did do a full wipe. after trying for awhile, I've now installed CM11 and it's booting up. but it restarts itself about 40 seconds in to booting up. now my questions is that, is there an easy way for me to installed the lastest version of twrp and install cromix 5.4? and or just having a stable CM11 is great too. thanks!
Sounds like you are on the wrong bootloader. Please provide the bootloader version from the screen in the top left when you boot holding power and volume down.
 
jojokaizer
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 25
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
Sounds like you are on the wrong bootloader. Please provide the bootloader version from the screen in the top left when you boot holding power and volume down.
10.4.4.25 is the number. if that's wrong, how do I fix it? thx.
 
sbdags
Old
#6  
sbdags's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12,919
Posts: 11,436
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kenilworth, Coventry

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojokaizer View Post
10.4.4.25 is the number. if that's wrong, how do I fix it? thx.
Yes way too old that is a jb 4.1.1 bootloader.

Flash my bootloader and twrp zip package from the cromi-x thread, reboot and then use my script in the dev forum to update to twrp 2.7.1.1.

 
jojokaizer
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 25
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
Yes way too old that is a jb 4.1.1 bootloader.

Flash my bootloader and twrp zip package from the cromi-x thread, reboot and then use my script in the dev forum to update to twrp 2.7.1.1.

I just tried and it gave me this message

assert failed: write_raw_image("/data/media/blob", "staging")
E:error in /storage/sdcard1/tf700_10.6.1.14.10_us_boot_twrp_2610_signed.zip (status 7)

sorry, kinda new to this, but it's starting to kinda make sense... lol thx.
 
berndblb
Old
#8  
berndblb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 874
Posts: 2,683
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojokaizer View Post
I just tried and it gave me this message

assert failed: write_raw_image("/data/media/blob", "staging")
E:error in /storage/sdcard1/tf700_10.6.1.14.10_us_boot_twrp_2610_signed.zip (status 7)

sorry, kinda new to this, but it's starting to kinda make sense... lol thx.
Tun on the signature verification check in CWM settings and try again.
 
jojokaizer
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 25
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb View Post
Tun on the signature verification check in CWM settings and try again.
ended up just reading up and fastbooting the latest twrp and installed new bootloader + cromix 5.4... everything is running perfectly now. good learning experience and it's noticeably faster than cromi 5.2. thanks a lot guys!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


MediaTek Releases Full Kernel Source for First Android One Devices

Those who might have thought that MediaTek wouldnever release working … more

Submitting a Patch to Gerrit – Featuring XplodWild – XDA Developer TV

Not every developer specializes in every area of … more

Learn How to Make a Live Wallpaper all by Yourself

Stillimages can bebeautiful, but some of you prefer to see animations on your screens. … more

Google Play Services Updated to Version 6.1

In addition to Android operating system proper, Google is focusing hard on giving the developers … more