Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Screen Density

OP sabret00the

29th June 2014, 05:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 440

1,983 posts
More
Has anyone changed theirs yet? If so, what to? It's set at 640 and I think everything is too large, almost comically so.
29th June 2014, 06:10 AM   |  #2  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the

Has anyone changed theirs yet? If so, what to? It's set at 640 and I think everything is too large, almost comically so.

u can change density from build.prop. Find the line ro_lcd_density=640. change the value according to your convenience. well, i hav tried this in many AOSP roms.
29th June 2014, 11:49 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

1,983 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunoday

u can change density from build.prop. Find the line ro_lcd_density=640. change the value according to your convenience. well, i hav tried this in many AOSP roms.

I was hoping a few people had tried and could recommend a density.
29th June 2014, 01:47 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 82

572 posts
More
From my experience LG's system doesn't like global density changing (especially with kitkat). The best solution is to use Xposed framework and App Settings module (v1.9<) to change selected apps.
29th June 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #5  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 85

1,038 posts
More
Quote:

I used the app "textdroider_dpi" to change my G2's dpi from 480 to 400.
I was comfortable with this value and it's -17% change. Thus, I changed my G3's dpi from 640 to 530. Works great for me.

Now the amazing thing about G3 is that the dialer and cam works with this dpi change too. No need to use Xposed app settings to specify stock dpi on these apps
The Following User Says Thank You to MasK For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th June 2014, 09:33 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

1,983 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasK

I used the app "textdroider_dpi" to change my G2's dpi from 480 to 400.
I was comfortable with this value and it's -17% change. Thus, I changed my G3's dpi from 640 to 530. Works great for me.

Now the amazing thing about G3 is that the dialer and cam works with this dpi change too. No need to use Xposed app settings to specify stock dpi on these apps

530 is really nice, feels like what it's supposed to be. Fonts seem a little off though.
30th June 2014, 03:02 AM   |  #7  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 85

1,038 posts
More
Quote:

530 is really nice, feels like what it's supposed to be. Fonts seem a little off though.

The font size can be changed in the settings to preference. Also, if you're using a 3rd-party launcher like Nova, you can change the grid and icon size to compensate
30th June 2014, 09:15 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

1,983 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasK

The font size can be changed in the settings to preference. Also, if you're using a 3rd-party launcher like Nova, you can change the grid and icon size to compensate

True, but I think there's probably a sweet spot for me around 590 as 530 makes the phone feel like a phablet.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in G3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank