Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,420 Members 37,746 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] xt925 cant install 4.4.4

Tip us?

sifuz
Old
(Last edited by sifuz; 28th June 2014 at 03:34 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Sign [Q] xt925 cant install 4.4.4

hi all

i'm currently running 4.4.2 custom rom Paranoid SaberDroid on my rooted/unlocked xt925

i've not been able to install any of the latest rom's(4.4.4) and i have no idea why, firstly i wanted to try MoKee, the installation was fine, but the moment the loading animation started, it would just stay animated indefinitely, then i tried the other latest roms like slimrom, PA, and they all do the same thing, stuck at animated boot logo.
i've tried to install 2.7.1.0 TWRP, that just freezes when i enter it, i then installed CWM 6.0.4.9, the UI is very blurry, but i can navigate it just barely to install/wipe/clean the rom's i've listed above.

the only thing that i can think of is that its something to do with the bootloader and/or the kernel.

i've re-installed the previous working version of paranoid saberdroid, and everything is fine again.

any help would be great, thank you.

poppers162
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by sifuz View Post
hi all

i'm currently running 4.4.2 custom rom Paranoid SaberDroid on my rooted/unlocked xt925

i've not been able to install any of the latest rom's(4.4.4) and i have no idea why, firstly i wanted to try MoKee, the installation was fine, but the moment the loading animation started, it would just stay animated indefinitely, then i tried the other latest roms like slimrom, PA, and they all do the same thing, stuck at animated boot logo.
i've tried to install 2.7.1.0 TWRP, that just freezes when i enter it, i then installed CWM 6.0.4.9, the UI is very blurry, but i can navigate it just barely to install/wipe/clean the rom's i've listed above.

the only thing that i can think of is that its something to do with the bootloader and/or the kernel.

i've re-installed the previous working version of paranoid saberdroid, and everything is fine again.

any help would be great, thank you.
I believe that the newer ROMs kernel is version 3.4. Those only work if you've updated to the official KK rom sent Ota. That is what I think

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Droid RAZR M all the way! Unlocked-Rooted-Stock KK
The Following User Says Thank You to poppers162 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sifuz
Old
(Last edited by sifuz; 29th June 2014 at 07:43 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppers162 View Post
I believe that the newer ROMs kernel is version 3.4. Those only work if you've updated to the official KK rom sent Ota. That is what I think

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
thanks for your reply, thats is what i understood as well while looking through random posts
i'm not sure how to do it though, there are instructions in another thread, but the poster took away the file that we are supposed to use to update our xt925's
Tags
4.4.2, 4.4.4, kitkat, xt925