Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,192 Members 38,061 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is my SCH-i925 permanently bricked?

Tip us?

diavolo770
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Is my SCH-i925 permanently bricked?

Here's my situation, I have a VZW Galaxy Note 10.1 that was on MH2 and I tried rooting with the Framaroot method which didn't work. Against my better judgement and the research I did, I tried using the Kingo root method which seemed like it was going to work since I had the Superuser app request root permission (which I granted) just before rebooting. This is where I'm stuck now -- the GNote is stuck in a perpetual loop and all I can manage to get is the "downloading" screen. What I've tried so far to recover it is flashing the stock VZW firmware with every version of Odin I can find and all fail just after it appears to flash the boot image. I tried using Heimdall via a GUI and command line of both a Windows PC and a Mac to flash anything I could get it to take but nothing would stick. I have searched for a .pit file to try and repartition but I don't think I've found any that were actually for the VZW variant of the 10.1. I talked to Samsung support (acted as if I had no ide what happened) and they advised me to take it to a Samsung Experience location in my local Best Buy. I did that and the person there tried using the emergency recovery which also failed. I'm at a loss. Every possible solution I may have found I've tried twice and nothing has yet to get me any progress. Can anyone suggest something that I haven't tried yet?

warlord002
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by diavolo770 View Post
Here's my situation, I have a VZW Galaxy Note 10.1 that was on MH2 and I tried rooting with the Framaroot method which didn't work. Against my better judgement and the research I did, I tried using the Kingo root method which seemed like it was going to work since I had the Superuser app request root permission (which I granted) just before rebooting. This is where I'm stuck now -- the GNote is stuck in a perpetual loop and all I can manage to get is the "downloading" screen. What I've tried so far to recover it is flashing the stock VZW firmware with every version of Odin I can find and all fail just after it appears to flash the boot image. I tried using Heimdall via a GUI and command line of both a Windows PC and a Mac to flash anything I could get it to take but nothing would stick. I have searched for a .pit file to try and repartition but I don't think I've found any that were actually for the VZW variant of the 10.1. I talked to Samsung support (acted as if I had no ide what happened) and they advised me to take it to a Samsung Experience location in my local Best Buy. I did that and the person there tried using the emergency recovery which also failed. I'm at a loss. Every possible solution I may have found I've tried twice and nothing has yet to get me any progress. Can anyone suggest something that I haven't tried yet?
Have you try Reboot into recovery and Wipe data/cache . Many time doing a data and cache wipe will get me back up .

diavolo770
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by warlord002 View Post
Have you try Reboot into recovery and Wipe data/cache . Many time doing a data and cache wipe will get me back up .
I can't. The only screen I can mange to boot to is the "Downloading" screen. It can't get any further than that.

Ura535
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
I also have this situation, help me find a pit file

bryancedwards
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default SCH-i925 PIT located

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ura535 View Post
I also have this situation, help me find a pit file
I have a similar situation where my VZW LTE i925 can only access download mode. I have tried flashing the stock firmware with the below results. I have sourced a PIT; however, when flashed it to fails. I have searched the forums for quite some time and I cant seem to locate anything solid that works. Can someone help me get this device up and running?

I have located the following files for the SCH-i925:
recovery1.tar.md5
sboot.bin
SCHI925.PIT
These files were found at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2252630

I have also downloaded stock firmware from http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=24285
KIES_HOME_I925VRAMK1_I925VZWAMK1_1481643_REV00_use r_low_ship.tar.md5

I also have:
KIES_HOME_I925UVXAMD1_I925UUSCAMD1_1098858_REV00_u ser_low_ship.tar.md5

Nothing I do seems to work. I see a progress bar but invariablyNAND write fails at some point. Can anyone give some guidance? I know search is my friend but apparently I am very lost. Please help, thanks!

Below is the Odin error I receive when flashing the stock firmware from sammobile.com:
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> KIES_HOME_I925VRAMK1_I925VZWAMK1_1481643_REV00_use r_low_ship.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/006> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/006> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/006> boot.img
<ID:0/006> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/006> FAIL!
<ID:0/006>
<ID:0/006> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
Tags
brick, galaxy note 10.1, recovery, sch-i925