Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 43,502 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unlock the Tmobile S5 with region lock away?

Tip us?

serialtoon
Old
Thanks Meter 77

DONATE TO ME
So I'm not sure if this was tested, but did the regionlockaway app work??

If i helped in any capacity, hit that THANKS button

92drls
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Can't find an ATT sim card to test :/
Phone: T-Mo Galaxy S5
Modem UVU1BNF6
ROM: Omega V4.0
Kernel Blaze Beta 15/16
Recovery: Philz Touch

How's my driving? Hitting thanks means a lot!

G1, Mytouch, HD2, Nexus One, G2, Mytouch 4g, G2x, Sensation, Galaxy S3, S4, S5...

risestar2
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I unlocked my T-Mobile Galaxy S5 using my old Canadian Telus sim card and it worked fine. I don't know about any non-north american sims but as I understand it, as long as the variant is originally activated by the original carrier and then unlocked, the region lock is disabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92drls View Post
Can't find an ATT sim card to test :/

dtronx
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue910 View Post
The SM-G900T is definitely SIM locked. I ended up just buying the unlock code from CellUnlocker.net and amazingly they were able to get the code on launch day. Yeah, it costs money, but they came through with the code.

Also, lucky for me, since I guess I was one of the first to buy a code for the G900T, I got an email from them saying that they were looking for footage of people unlocking their GS5s, and if I could provide a video showing the full unlock process, entering the code, and activation on another network, they'd refund the purchase price. I don't know if they're still offering that, but I took advantage of it and I did indeed get my full purchase price refunded, so in effect I got my code for free.
I used fastgsm.com is a little cheaper than CellUnlocker.net and gets the code in the same amount of time

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by risestar2 View Post
I unlocked my T-Mobile Galaxy S5 using my old Canadian Telus sim card and it worked fine. I don't know about any non-north american sims but as I understand it, as long as the variant is originally activated by the original carrier and then unlocked, the region lock is disabled.

Supposedly if you use the fastgsm.com service it also gives you the region unlock too so that you don't have to activate and make a call for 5 minutes to unlock it properly

Onjarf
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi! I am from Croatia and I have Galaxy S5 SM-G900X and when I connect it in Kies show me a messege; "the phone is locked"!? What I can do because when I put in any SIM card it doesn't work? Maybe You have a service code for unlock it, or I don't need that?
Regards

hilmiabi
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Also used fastgsm.com for my S5 brought from Germany and region locked. Although warned not being able to sent region unlock code, they have sent it in 5 or 6 minutes. And worked. They have sent tree codes as seen:
Dear Customer,

The unlock code(s) for your IMEI: 35.............9 are

NCK=4.........4 MCK=9xxxxxxx3 RGCK=7xxxxxxx2

Would you like to get cash back on this unlock? See http://www.FastGSM.com/9 for an easy way to earn a refund or discount!

We value your feedback. Share a success story to help us improve your experience and qualify for a service refund - one customer selected each month.

http://www.fastgsm.com/feedback

Share FastGSM on Facebook and Twitter. Letís Get Started! Act Now!

http://www.fastgsm.com/share?message...ve+FREE+credit.