[Q] Stuck in recovery. How to flash a rom from Fastboot USB?

OP Hackenstein

27th June 2014, 02:54 AM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

165 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santod040

Just for future reference, if you care to allow the dev community to thrive.
Don't use terms like "it sucks".
Maybe..., I don't like it,....or, I didn't care for it,....or it's not what I wanted, or needed, etc,..
But to know little about Android, and then to say that someone elses hard work sucks, is what makes devs say forget it and stop providing their free services to the community.
Just thought I'd point that out.
You can think I suck for saying so, but I'm honestly just trying to help you and the community by letting you know what impact users comments can have on Devs motivation to provide these things in their free time, with nothing in return.
Take it or leave it. Hope you find what suits you.

I really love the fact that so many came in to actually ANSWER my question(s) and give relevant info on the issues I was experiencing (heavy sarcasm obviously). Ironic that only when I took a jab at someone's work (out of frustration) that the thread became active with people only sounding off on that issue, still ignoring the original problems I brought to the table. Top notch support!!!!!!

With that out of the way, to santod040; please accept my apology. I said that out of complete frustration and it was totally unecessary. Contrary to the negative vibes that comment conveyed, I DO appreciate all the devs hard work and allow me to publicly thank you for that. It was bad night of troubleshooting for me as I've been out of the loop for quite sometime and was rusty in several areas. Adding to that was the complete lack of helpful info I was finding not only on this site but several others. Kept going in circles and getting no where.

It is extremely important I point out that out of five different ROM's I tried to install via sideload, your's is the ONLY one that actually worked and in the end, I went back to it as it allowed me to finally boot into Android and enable USB debugging and help get the S-OFF process started via Firewater. Conclusively, I was finally able to get the baseband upgraded and get the phone fully up to date. So, thank you, wholeheartedly, and I apologize again for letting my stress get the better of me that night. LiquidSmooth saved my ass.

Cheers, my friend, and thanks again.
29th June 2014, 09:07 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 1

38 posts
I can help if your s-off
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackenstein

the problem with that turned out to be an outdated version of cwm. I updated it, only to find my phone would not get recognized in recovery by adb. Found that with the upgrade i also needed a driver upgrade which i took care of (after i had installed twrp to test as well, just stuck with twrp). Was able to flash rom (and it sucks). Looking for another one now that is more of a stock (de-bloated with perks, etc).

When i'm done there, should i run firewater to achieve s-off so i can update the radio as well, or is there a better way?

if your s-off i have a method that will help you .....have you switched to s-off?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread