Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,943 Members 52,647 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Trojan Detection

Tip us?

Assassyn
Old
(Last edited by Assassyn; 28th June 2014 at 10:38 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Question [Q] Trojan Detection

I decided to check on the progress of rooting the AT&T S5, and was pleasantly surprised to see it had been. My question and concern on the safety of the exploit, is due to ESET on my laptop flagging, quarantining, and blocking the page. Has anyone else run into this issue? I've attached a screen shot showing the threat detection. When I attempted to download it, that's when it was blocked and the tab in Firefox showed Problem Loading Page with an exclamation point inside a yellow triangle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	threat.png
Views:	191
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	2821932  

miller1821
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassyn View Post
I decided to check on the progress of rooting the AT&T S5, and was pleasantly surprised to see it had been. My question and concern on the safety of the exploit, is due to ESET on my laptop flagging, quarantining, and blocking the page. Has anyone else run into this issue? I've attached a screen shot showing the threat detection. When I attempted to download it, that's when it was blocked and the tab in Firefox showed Problem Loading Page with an exclamation point inside a yellow triangle.
It's not a virus, it's fine. The s5 forums are full of people who have rooted, me included. You don't even need your computer. Go to towelroot website on your phone and download the apk and install. That's it. It's like magic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

Assassyn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by miller1821 View Post
It's not a virus, it's fine. The s5 forums are full of people who have rooted, me included. You don't even need your computer. Go to towelroot website on your phone and download the apk and install. That's it. It's like magic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
Thanks!! Will definitely look into it. Just out of curiosity, will uninstalling the app remove root? Just wondering because I've been waiting for the day an app can root the phone, without the usb connecting and all that.

ghost77
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassyn View Post
Thanks!! Will definitely look into it. Just out of curiosity, will uninstalling the app remove root? Just wondering because I've been waiting for the day an app can root the phone, without the usb connecting and all that.
Once you root and reboot you can uninstall the app , root will remain. It is being detected as Trojan(general classification) because it is an exploit. This is nothing new it's rare to get root without somekind of exploit, that how it works.
-= Nexus One - AT&T SGS1 - Int SGS2 - AT&T SGS3 - AT&T SGS4 - AT&T SGS5 =-
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ghost77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Assassyn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost77 View Post
Once you root and reboot you can uninstall the app , root will remain. It is being detected as Trojan(general classification) because it is an exploit. This is nothing new it's rare to get root without somekind of exploit, that how it works.
Thanks for the information. After thinking about it I figured it's likely because it has to run from an outside source, so it's not what I initially thought it was. Thanks again though!!
Tags
eset, s5 root, threat, towelroot, trojan