OP phoophan

28th June 2014, 04:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 0

42 posts
More
Howdy,

I successfully rooted my Nexus 7 2013 last week and things have been going along smoothly until a few hours ago. I came across this article that shows how to install Android L Preview Keyboard. After about an hour I'm at the point where I tried to go back to Root by wiping the system. Now everytime I power on the tablet the start screen comes on asking me what language to use but I also get an error message that Google Keyboard has failed. This prevents me from inputting anything into the tablet. So I'm STUCK!

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to get back into ANY operating situation? Even if I have to go back to stock, that's fine.
28th June 2014, 03:47 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,261

3,156 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoophan

Howdy,

I successfully rooted my Nexus 7 2013 last week and things have been going along smoothly until a few hours ago. I came across this article that shows how to install Android L Preview Keyboard. After about an hour I'm at the point where I tried to go back to Root by wiping the system. Now everytime I power on the tablet the start screen comes on asking me what language to use but I also get an error message that Google Keyboard has failed. This prevents me from inputting anything into the tablet. So I'm STUCK!

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to get back into ANY operating situation? Even if I have to go back to stock, that's fine.

Since when do you install a system app?

But yeah, wiping data in recovery will fix it. Of course, you could just restore that nandroid I know you made.
29th June 2014, 10:02 AM   |  #3  
Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 164

426 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoophan

Howdy,

Piece of cake! Probably take less than 10 minutes! Flash the stock rooted rom in your custom recovery. Or download the factory image, extract the system.img from inside the factory image. Place the system.img inside the folder where you have fastboot.exe and adb.exe (android sdk platform-tools folder). Put your N7 in the bootloader screen, plug into your computer. Shift right-click inside your platform-tools folder, choose 'Open command window here.' Type in command window fastboot devices then hit enter and you should see your device id. Type fastboot flash system system.img then hit enter. When it says it's finished type fastboot reboot or you can use your device power and volume buttons to boot into your custom recovery (TWRP?) to install the supersu zip that you put in your storage earlier. It would also be a good idea to do a factory reset from inside TWRP to get rid of the L keyboard. A factory reset using TWRP does Not wipe your storage, if you wipe data that will wipe everything.

With all of the above I'm assuming you have a custom recovery and have the sdk installed. I can't give much help with toolkits because I know very little about them. If you make system changes you need a backup (nandroid) or at least know how to use adb/fastboot. If you make system changes you will need to be able to revert those changes or flash your rom in recovery or fastboot flash the system or whole factory image if you ever want to do an OTA or version update. Knowledge is power, just saying! ; )
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android l, google keyboard, nexus 7 2013, stuck
Previous Thread Next Thread