Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,956 Members 42,565 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Questions on the boot Animation on captivate.

Tip us?

davis the droid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Phone [Q] Questions on the boot Animation on captivate.

I just rooted my Samsung Captivate w/ Framaroot and i need some help on what to do and what not to do with root. i have never rooted anything before. I wanna change the boot animation and statusbar using Rom Toolbox pro but i'm worried that changing the boot animation and statusbar icons will damage or brick my device. Is it possible to brick your device if you do not install a boot anim correctly?
Hit THANKS please please
I Currenly own
LG Banter 2: Non Android
IPod Classic: IOS?
Kindle Fire 1st Gen: (NO ROOT) Android Gingerbread 2.2.3 w Amazon disguise
Kindle Fire HD 7 inch: (NO ROOT) Android IceCream Sandwich 4.0.4 w Amazon Disguise
Nextbook7 Premium SE (Google): (Playstore Root) Android IceCream Sandwich 4.0.4
Samsung Gravity 3: Non Android
Samsung Captivate: Android Gingerbread 2.3.5 (User Root) Framaroot
iRola Dx752: Android Jellybean 4.2 (Playstore Root)

BWolf56
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,699

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by davis the droid View Post
I just rooted my Samsung Captivate w/ Framaroot and i need some help on what to do and what not to do with root. i have never rooted anything before. I wanna change the boot animation and statusbar using Rom Toolbox pro but i'm worried that changing the boot animation and statusbar icons will damage or brick my device. Is it possible to brick your device if you do not install a boot anim correctly?
No, changing the bootanim is quite simple. Just need to replace it in your system/media with the right permissions, reboot and enjoy.
Sent by falcon messenger while riding a laser equipped T-rex on a rocket
>>Get Dropbox right here<<
>>Rogers LTE tethering mod<<
LG G3 D852
ROM: Stock debloated
Kernel: 3.4.0
Launcher: Nova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelendel
Jig ~ You should never need one but.. Use the condom theory.
The Following User Says Thank You to BWolf56 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kashif.Ali
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by davis the droid View Post

1. open "Root Explorer". Accept any Superuser requests.
2. Navigate to where you downloaded the "bootanimation.zip" file. Copy (or cut) it.
3. Navigate as far up as you can into your root directory, and then Goto /system/media/, mount it in r/w mode.
4. Paste your "bootanimation.zip" file or replace it into /system/media/ (it must be named bootanimation.zip)
5. Change permissions as below. >>> rw- r-- r-- <<<
6. Reboot and enjoy!

Galaxy S5 Bootanimation Here
Devices
Samsung Galaxy Y Young
Current Rom: my MiniJELLYBEAN
Samsung Galaxy S M110S
Current Rom: GFAN M110S FTE9K WF07 ODEX SP8
Samsung Galaxy S Captivate SGH-I897
Current Rom: C-RoM Mix v25

Sippay
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Get CyanogenMod 11 or 10 and install it, you can go to settings and change the theme, boot animation etc .you could also use ROM toolbox pro to download new themes

Sent from my SGH-I897

KruciFFF
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Actually, changing bootanimation or transparent status bar is just an additional feature of rooting your device. Come out of Stock Rom and try some of the Custom Roms like C-Rom/Resurrection/Captivating or atleast latest Cyangoen Mod roms, you'll be amazed to know what your captivate is capable of!

Cheers!