Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] tablet form T-mobile firmware upgrade

OP alexander_777

13th June 2014, 10:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Hello,

I got my Z2 tablet from t-mobile germany.
It has 12 GB internal Storage.

Model: sgp521
Build-Number: 17.1.A.2.36

I would like to install the new firmware (for touch improvement) but the tablet does not show me any system update to install.


How can I get the new firmware running on the tablet?

Anyone else with the same problem?

Kind regards
Alex
27th June 2014, 09:51 PM   |  #2  
Alex1911's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
48 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander_777

Hello,

I got my Z2 tablet from t-mobile germany.
It has 12 GB internal Storage.

Model: sgp521
Build-Number: 17.1.A.2.36

I would like to install the new firmware (for touch improvement) but the tablet does not show me any system update to install.


How can I get the new firmware running on the tablet?

Anyone else with the same problem?

Kind regards
Alex


Hi, same thing for me, maybe the Provider do not work on an Update to the the newest Firmware.

I read somewhere that the Firmware you mentioned, works the best and i'm runnig the same Build i had few to no Problems at all.

I takes Time but in my Opinion, when there will be Custom-Roms realased for the Z2 Tablet, i would recommend flash those, with many Reasoin's like regular Updates, Bug Fixes,... etc.

If you want to stay with the Stock-Rom, you could try to flash the latest one, here on the Z2 Tablet Forum (in General i think).

I hope i could help



Best Regard's

Alex1911
29th June 2014, 10:05 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex1911

Hi, same thing for me, maybe the Provider do not work on an Update to the the newest Firmware.

I read somewhere that the Firmware you mentioned, works the best and i'm runnig the same Build i had few to no Problems at all.

I takes Time but in my Opinion, when there will be Custom-Roms realased for the Z2 Tablet, i would recommend flash those, with many Reasoin's like regular Updates, Bug Fixes,... etc.

If you want to stay with the Stock-Rom, you could try to flash the latest one, here on the Z2 Tablet Forum (in General i think).

I hope i could help



Best Regard's

Alex1911


Thanks.

I think I will wait for a custom-rom (like cyanogenmod or similar).
Is that in progress?

Kind regards
Alex
29th June 2014, 12:50 PM   |  #4  
Alex1911's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
48 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander_777

Thanks.

I think I will wait for a custom-rom (like cyanogenmod or similar).
Is that in progress?

Kind regards
Alex

Hi,

i think there should be one in the Future, because the Kernel- and Rom-Sources are realased, means it shouldn't take to long until
a Custom-Roms arrives for the Z2 Tablet.


Best Regard's

Alex1911
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes