Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,397 Members 48,610 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help My Kindle HDX 7" is stuck on the select language menu

Tip us?

momayhem03
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Help My Kindle HDX 7" is stuck on the select language menu

Hello everyone i hope someone can help me. I rooted my Kindle Fire HDX using KFHDX Tool Kit and it was successful. Afterwards i installed SUPERSU by way of the program itself and also disabled OTA. Now my problem happened after disabling OTA my silk browser will not work at all even though the WIFI is connected so i did a factory reset now when i power on my unit it keeps prompting me to choose a language even though i have already chosen one it will just keep going back to that screen. I was able to bypass it by tapping quickly on the screen and i was able to go to contacts and from there i am able to go to settings via the drop down menu. The problem is i cannot access home because when i press back it will just show home for a split second and then go back to the language menu even if i tried all the languages it wont let me use the tablet. Also i remember having paused the update before attempting to root. Now i cannot proceed to use my tablet at all. Can someone help me out with my predicament? I would really appreciate it, Thank you.

derpadoodle
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by momayhem03 View Post
Hello everyone i hope someone can help me. I rooted my Kindle Fire HDX using KFHDX Tool Kit and it was successful. Afterwards i installed SUPERSU by way of the program itself and also disabled OTA. Now my problem happened after disabling OTA my silk browser will not work at all even though the WIFI is connected so i did a factory reset now when i power on my unit it keeps prompting me to choose a language even though i have already chosen one it will just keep going back to that screen. I was able to bypass it by tapping quickly on the screen and i was able to go to contacts and from there i am able to go to settings via the drop down menu. The problem is i cannot access home because when i press back it will just show home for a split second and then go back to the language menu even if i tried all the languages it wont let me use the tablet. Also i remember having paused the update before attempting to root. Now i cannot proceed to use my tablet at all. Can someone help me out with my predicament? I would really appreciate it, Thank you.
Happened to me as well, you need to get supersu installed and it'll stop doing it.

momayhem03
Old
(Last edited by momayhem03; 27th June 2014 at 09:17 PM.) Reason: added wifi rebooting problem.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by derpadoodle View Post
Happened to me as well, you need to get supersu installed and it'll stop doing it.
Hi derpadoodle. I was also able to fix it by doing another factory reset and redoing superSU and OTA. Was able to install es file explorer via third party website and the Gapps. Almost thought that its already dead just bought it 3 days ago..

Im having another problem sometimes when i turn on my wifi my unit reboots itself.. It has happened a couple of times already.. any solution to this?

conan1600
Old
Thanks Meter 200

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Go back to root tool. Enable ota updates. Register tablet. Disable ota. It keeps going to language because it can not contact amazon to set up. This exact thing happened to me. That's how I fixed it
Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 - Rooted/Exposed
Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 - Rooted/Exposed
HP Slatebook 10 X2
Nexus 7 2013 - CM 10.2
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 - (R)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - Rooted - 1.6GHz OC
Nook HD+ - CM 10.1 (R)
Asus Transformer TF300T - Clean Rom 3.0.4 (R)
Acer A210 - Stock (R)
Samsung Galaxy Tab - CM 10 (R)
Barnes & Noble Nook Color - CM9 (R)
LG G3
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (R)
LG Optimus G Pro Rooted, Exposed (R)
Motorola Atrix 4g -TopSmarts 2.3 (R)
HTC Hero - CM7 (R)

momayhem03
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by conan1600 View Post
Go back to root tool. Enable ota updates. Register tablet. Disable ota. It keeps going to language because it can not contact amazon to set up. This exact thing happened to me. That's how I fixed it
Thanks. I was able to fix it by resetting to factory settings, registering and then doing everything again. Do you know of any solutions to the wifi problem where when you turn on the wifi the unit reboots?

jeryll
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Smile try this

Quote:
... Do you know of any solutions to the wifi problem where when you turn on the wifi the unit reboots?
posted by Hashcode somewhere in development section

...If you try and start Wifi and the device crashes/reboots, try turning on bluetooth prior to enabling wifi and see if that works...

hope it will work for you

momayhem03
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeryll View Post
posted by Hashcode somewhere in development section

...If you try and start Wifi and the device crashes/reboots, try turning on bluetooth prior to enabling wifi and see if that works...

hope it will work for you
Thanks bro! I also seem to see that when my unit turns on the bluetooth icon appears beside the wifi indicator but when i go to settings > wireless and i check my bluetooth it is turned off LOL. Needed to turn it on and off for the icon to disappear. Anyways did the updates ever solved this problem? not really a biggie for me but it is nice if i can turn off my wifi.