Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,327 Members 44,627 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need help, my phone died, HTC wants to rip me off

Tip us?

J0ro
Old
(Last edited by J0ro; 21st May 2014 at 02:18 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Should I use this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2584810 and get it back to service, hoping they will fix it without asking me paying them again because of their complete crap worse-than-chinese hardware. I really need your advise guys, because this is getting ridiculous.

Edit: Here's a video of a guy who is having the same problem as me - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij_GldgwJFM

RuffBuster
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by J0ro View Post
So I got my phone back, I've payed for reapairs. 2 days later my volume down button stops to work, phone boots only in safe mode, nothing helps. I unlocked bootloader and rooted, but haven't switched to rom, using original one. I really don't know what to do now. I hate HTC so much, I'm gonna throw up. Any ideas?
That's seriously bad luck! The fact this has happened so soon after being repaired should give you some rights. I haven't tried the modded hboot but I personally would give it a go, as they may over look your unlocked bootloader being so soon after your last repair. Looks like someone has had success using the modded hboot. Maybe try PM/post them for help on this. Make sure to read everything on this, so not to cause further issues. I'm still waiting on my phone to be returned after having the mainboard replaced, but was told that this would return the phone to warranty conditions. So technically the phone should have been in working condition when returned, even after 2 days?! It may have been down to poor repair work. Read a couple of posts on here of people who have complained of gaps in the phone after a repair. Just remember that they will power on your phone to test and replicate the fault, so remove super user and any root related software.

I was worried about unlocking my bootloader again after I get it back from repair, and after reading this I won't be doing so until my warranty is over. I just can't trust the quality of this phone, and refuse to be made to pay for obvious defects in the build while I am stuck with the phone for another 18 months. I may even sell my One mini and get another phone,

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
Samsung Galaxy S iNand
Mackay CM9 2014 1.7
21 AUG 2014

J0ro
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah, tell me more about my bad luck Anyways they've returned my phone with completely preinstalled software. This time, because I was scared I didn't install CM11 or other roms, just rooted and s-off the device, so I could remove some unwanted software. I will flash that hboot tomorrow and will remove SuperSU. My only question is who should I seek this time, after I've payed for the motherboard replacement and they told me I'm loosing my warranty. I don't want to wait one month just for a reply if I go to my carrier. I've tried this http://www.htc.com/www/contact/email/ but no one ever contacted me there. I live in Bulgaria by the way.

RuffBuster
Old
Thanks Meter 118
I was told that replacing the mainboard undoes the bootloader and as such now does not void the conditions of the warranty. Burgaria in the EU? Wasn't there something posted earlier about how your warranty can't be voided because of software changes? I asked to speak to a manager/supervisor at HTC, as they can do more.

Samsung Galaxy S iNand
Mackay CM9 2014 1.7
21 AUG 2014

J0ro
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yes, Bulgaria is in the European Union.

RuffBuster
Old
(Last edited by RuffBuster; 30th May 2014 at 05:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 118
Thought i'd keep my situation with my HTC One mini updated just as a reference to others.

So I finally got my phone back the day before yesterday... They have fixed my broken power port, BUT when I inspected phone I noticed alot of damage which wasn't there when I sent the phone in for repair.

The power port now accepts data transfer, but it's still very loose, which it wasn't when first purchased. I have a chip on the top right of my screen. The whole screen isn't flush with the rest of my phone. There are chips and scuffs to the bottom of my phone bezel and back of the phone. But worst of all the bezel around my volume buttons has been cracked leaving 1mm gap between the bezel and the screen!

This is some poor repair work to say it was repaired by HTC themselves not a third party. It has made my phone look like crap. I have contacted HTC again and am now sending it in for a 3rd time to have the damage THEY have caused repaired. Fingers crossed....

Also they have replaced the mainboard to fix my power port and tried to charge me 130 while all that needed to be replaced was the power port itself which i've seen on ebay for 8 ?! WTF HTC ?!

Samsung Galaxy S iNand
Mackay CM9 2014 1.7
21 AUG 2014

RuffBuster
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Also my girlfriends mum and dad's phones which are both HTC but cheaper models have stopped working or developed faults. I'm sooo disappointed by HTC...

Samsung Galaxy S iNand
Mackay CM9 2014 1.7
21 AUG 2014

RuffBuster
Old
Thanks Meter 118
My troubles are finally over.. After a lengthy wait I finally got "a" phone back last week. But instead of getting my old phone back HTC have given me a brand new factory unlocked 32gb HTC one M7! But for me this is to little to late. I'm going to be selling this phone and go back to my old Samsung Galaxy S until I've decided what phone I want next, and this time it won't be a HTC device..

It was fun while it lasted, but this is farewell from me to all you HTC users. Best of luck to you..

Samsung Galaxy S iNand
Mackay CM9 2014 1.7
21 AUG 2014