Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Root with TowelRoot

OP Chriss123456789

29th June 2014, 01:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34

230 posts
More
Can I use towelroot to root my device on firmware 4.4.2 KitKat?

I don't know if it can be possible but if it is functional on 4.2.2 then must be 4.4.2 functional with towelroot, too?
30th June 2014, 08:10 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 8

62 posts
Dude it is just easier to just use the rooting toolkit farther down in the forms or use odin

Sent from my SM-T310 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
30th June 2014, 12:48 PM   |  #3  
Flag new orleans
Thanks Meter: 112

645 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidhacker007

Dude it is just easier to just use the rooting toolkit farther down in the forms or use odin

I can't even believe I'm participating in this rediculous quote reply in a thread that is already in the wrong forum. Im not saying the toolkit is hard but are you just plain mental? have you seen how easy it is to root with towelroot? Ive yet to see an easier root method.
30th June 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

230 posts
More
If I root with the toolkit, do the binary counter or something else that count, doesn't count?
30th June 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #5  

62 posts
Prompt
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritasaequita

I can't even believe I'm participating in this rediculous quote reply in a thread that is already in the wrong forum. Im not saying the toolkit is hard but are you just plain mental? have you seen how easy it is to root with towelroot? Ive yet to see an easier root method.

No way, Odin is easier, u put ur device into download mode then hook it up to the computer and select the right recovery file and click start. What could be easier?

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriss123456789

If I root with the toolkit, do the binary counter or something else that count, doesn't count?

ok the only reason you would ask that is because of keeping a warranty. so what I do is if you want to root/custom rom/binary then use twrp and back up all your custom mods and tweaks and all other apps (before using odin FLASH STACK ROM WILL WIPE ALL DATA(should include binary))then use odin and flash the stock rom, for me that worked. now i dont know a device u have so it might be different. odin might have an option to reset flash counter.
1st July 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 321

589 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriss123456789

Can I use towelroot to root my device on firmware 4.4.2 KitKat?

I don't know if it can be possible but if it is functional on 4.2.2 then must be 4.4.2 functional with towelroot, too?

I rooted my sm-t217s on 4.4.2 just today, and it worked.
1st July 2014, 08:06 AM   |  #7  

62 posts
Hey I just watched a vid on towelroot its much easier!

1st July 2014, 03:59 PM   |  #8  

589 posts
Yeah Towelroot was a snap. I had a few hiccups afterwards because knox wasn't disabled. So I opened supersu, and it asked if I wanted to disable it. Once I did, everything was fine.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
1st July 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

230 posts
More
The Tab 3 Firmware doesn't include Knox, does it?
I have tried to root a Tab 3 8.0 WiFi SM-T310 and I can't root it with towelroot. It reboots every time when I click on "make it ra1n".
So why can't towelroot root it?
1st July 2014, 06:46 PM   |  #10  

589 posts
I didn't see a Knox icon, but supersu detected and disabled it, and I kept getting the shield icon in my notifications panel.

Root is a helluva drug.....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread