Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,719 Members 38,170 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Correct Procedure to Update M7 to 5.11.401.10. Three Options??

Tip us?
 
BlockABoots
Old
(Last edited by BlockABoots; 29th June 2014 at 12:42 PM.)
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 34
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default Correct Procedure to Update M7 to 5.11.401.10. Three Options??

My HTC ON M7 is currently on....

Android version: 4.4.2
HTC Sense: 5.5
Software: 4.19.401.11
twrp 2.7

Heres my phones info...

Code:
C:\Windows\system32>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.25.3263.21
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.19.401.11
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: SH3********
(bootloader) imei: 354************
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4104mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-4dab9d12
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.064s
I previously updated the old FW with 4.19.401.11 from here...

http://xda7.androidrevolution.org/db...C_One%2F401%2F

and after that was flashed update the ROM with, Revolution HD 53.0 KitKat (Android 4.4.2+ HTC Sense 5.5) (Not Stock) which was found here...

http://android-revolution-hd.blogspo...e-var.html?m=1, I also updated twrp while i was at it.


Whats the correct way i should NOW update my phone to 5.11.401.10, i keep getting the notification from my phone to update to 5.11.401.10, is it just as easy as doing the update from my phone, or will this wipe all my data (messages, contacts photos etc)??


Or should i do one of these 2 methods??.....

1. Install the stock recovery for my os version (recovery_4.19.401.11.img) from here...http://d-h.st/users/guich/?fld_id=29380#files
2. Rename 'recovery_4.19.401.11.img' to 'recovery.img'
3. Place 'recovery.img' in my adb/fastboot folder (C:\Adb)
4. Open Command Prompt and navigate to your adb folder
5. Type 'adb reboot bootloader' to get into fastboot on the HTC ONE
6. And then flash the recovery img by typing 'fastboot flash recovery recovery.img'

Or should i...

1. Download the latest FW for the HTC One, 5.11.401.10.zip from here....http://xda7.androidrevolution.org/db...C_One%2F401%2F
2. rename to firmware.zip and place in C:\adb folder
3. Connect HTC ONE to PC
4. Relock the bootloader, by command 'fastboot oem lock' (DO I HAVE TO RELOCK THE BOOTLOADER?????, or Just skip to step 6 and then skip step 9??)
5. Type: fastboot oem rebootRUU and wait for device to reboot
6. Type: fastboot flash zip firmware.zip and wait for process to complete
7. Type: fastboot flash zip firmware.zip and wait for process to complete
8. Type: fastboot reboot
9. Unlock your bootloader
10. Download Mike1986's Android Revolution HD Stock KitKat (Android 4.4.2 + HTC Sense 6.0) odexed 5.11.401.10 rom from here http://www.androidrevolution.org/dow....10_odexed.zip and install

Im not 100% sure which method i should be using for this update, as there in no new FW update is there this time just a ROM update?

Thanks for any help
 
ali-k95
Old
(Last edited by ali-k95; 29th June 2014 at 12:42 PM.)
#2  
ali-k95's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 61
Posts: 267
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lebanon
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlockABoots View Post
My HTC ON M7 is currently on....

Android version: 4.4.2
HTC Sense: 5.5
Software: 4.19.401.11
twrp 2.7

Heres my phones info...

Code:
C:\Windows\system32>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.25.3263.21
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.19.401.11
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: SH3********
(bootloader) imei: 354************
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4104mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-4dab9d12
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.064s
well.. i have an m7_u , MID is same as yours "modelid: PN0710000 " and i made it SUPERCID " 11111111 " and followed vomer's guide , really quick and easy , took me like 2 mins. no RUU no nothing, people helped me through it and now i know how to do it , just download the firmware.zip , change ur CID to superCID , install ROM of 4.4.x ( i use Odroid latest version ) and follow vomer's guide from the thread . no need to relock bootloader cuz i am s-off , and you are s-off so remove that .. here's the guide :

Guide

be careful

oh and in general , i'd flash twrp 2.6.3.3 ( it is best one till now )
 
BlockABoots
Old
(Last edited by BlockABoots; 29th June 2014 at 03:34 PM.)
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 34
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali-k95 View Post
well.. i have an m7_u , MID is same as yours "modelid: PN0710000 " and i made it SUPERCID " 11111111 " and followed vomer's guide , really quick and easy , took me like 2 mins. no RUU no nothing, people helped me through it and now i know how to do it , just download the firmware.zip , change ur CID to superCID , install ROM of 4.4.x ( i use Odroid latest version ) and follow vomer's guide from the thread . no need to relock bootloader cuz i am s-off , and you are s-off so remove that .. here's the guide :

Guide

be careful

oh and in general , i'd flash twrp 2.6.3.3 ( it is best one till now )
Thanks for the info.

Have noticed in Vomers's guid at part 2 in the firmware list there is actually a 6.06.401.1 FW now, should i update to that rather than 5.11.401.10. ???
 
yatindroid
Old
(Last edited by yatindroid; 29th June 2014 at 08:18 PM.)
#4  
yatindroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 353
Posts: 1,349
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jaipur
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlockABoots View Post
Thanks for the info.

Have noticed in Vomers's guid at part 2 in the firmware list there is actually a 6.06.401.1 FW now, should i update to that rather than 5.11.401.10. ???
keep S Off & Unlocked
Best way is ruu 4.19.401.9
Or Mike1986's 5.12.401.10 stock Rom with TWRP then flash same firmware


from HTC One
 
ali-k95
Old
#5  
ali-k95's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 61
Posts: 267
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lebanon
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlockABoots View Post
Thanks for the info.

Have noticed in Vomers's guid at part 2 in the firmware list there is actually a 6.06.401.1 FW now, should i update to that rather than 5.11.401.10. ???
I posted in my thread if i can upgrade to that FW but i really dnt want to , as my current rom is based kn the previous one not 6.06.. So i'm waiting for my ROM to be updated , then i'll upgrade to latest FW - Sorry for late reply.
Eragon

Phone: HTC One (M7)
HTC Sense: 6
ROM: Eragon v47.5 By Skeleton1911
HBOOT version: 1.57
FW: 6.07.1540.1
 
nateboi81
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 88
Posts: 532
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Melbourne
Its best to do it incremental. Flash the 5.11 first then the 6.06

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes