Open War for Open Android: Antitrust for Cyanogen?

Android and openness is something we talk about all the time, but the recent … more

What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more

New Cyanogen Partnerships Bring Privacy Concerns

New Privacy concerns have emerged regarding Cyanogen’s latest announcements, … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

S-Off, now what?

28th June 2014, 07:13 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
326 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Finally, good bye "whelp" and welcome "S-Off"

I have installed HK and upgraded to latest 1.54.401.10 firmware (tmobile NL has not rolled it out for some reason).

Now, what else can I do with my new l33t status?
 
 
29th June 2014, 12:28 AM |#2  
NYLUVBUG's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 5
 
110 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Other than the Hk mod and Viper audio software. I froze most of the bloatware. Unless you're gonna flash a rom. I'd leave just as is.
The Following User Says Thank You to NYLUVBUG For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th June 2014, 02:21 AM |#3  
an0ther's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 231
 
615 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
You can clear your tampered label. You can get rid of red writing splash screen. You can convert to any m8 variant. You can flash older firmware and radio. Change your cid. Lock and unlock bootloader. Etc.. almost brick proof.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to an0ther For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th June 2014, 07:18 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
326 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLUVBUG

Other than the Hk mod and Viper audio software. I froze most of the bloatware. Unless you're gonna flash a rom. I'd leave just as is.

Where would I get the viper sw? What is so good about it over the stock?
29th June 2014, 07:20 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
326 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by an0ther

You can clear your tampered label. You can get rid of red writing splash screen. You can convert to any m8 variant. You can flash older firmware and radio. Change your cid. Lock and unlock bootloader. Etc.. almost brick proof.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks, have already super cid. Thinking of converting to gpe, though not sure of the merit. I don't hate sense
Last edited by skn-xda; 29th June 2014 at 07:22 AM.
29th June 2014, 12:55 PM |#6  
an0ther's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 231
 
615 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by skn-xda

Thanks, have already super cid. Thinking of converting to gpe, though not sure of the merit. I don't hate sense

No advantage to converting. Running a Rom is the same thing.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes