Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,801 Members 44,329 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S-Off, now what?

Tip us?

skn-xda
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default S-Off, now what?

Finally, good bye "whelp" and welcome "S-Off"

I have installed HK and upgraded to latest 1.54.401.10 firmware (tmobile NL has not rolled it out for some reason).

Now, what else can I do with my new l33t status?
HTC One (M8) ~ ROM: Android Revolution HD 7.1 (subjected to ROM Cleaner), Android: 4.4.2, Sense: 6.0, Kernel: Stock, Mods: Sense Toolbox, Root: Yes, S-Off: Yes, SuperCID: Yes
Nexus 7 (2013) ~ ROM: Stock, Android: 4.4.4, Kernel:Stock, Mods: Gravity Box, Root: Yes
---
HTC One X (retired) ~ ROM: Android Revolution HD 33.1 (subjected to ROM Cleaner), Android: 4.2.2, Sense: 5.0, Kernel: Stock , Mods: JB modPack, Root: Yes

NYLUVBUG
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Other than the Hk mod and Viper audio software. I froze most of the bloatware. Unless you're gonna flash a rom. I'd leave just as is.
The Following User Says Thank You to NYLUVBUG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

an0ther
Old
Thanks Meter 140
You can clear your tampered label. You can get rid of red writing splash screen. You can convert to any m8 variant. You can flash older firmware and radio. Change your cid. Lock and unlock bootloader. Etc.. almost brick proof.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to an0ther For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skn-xda
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLUVBUG View Post
Other than the Hk mod and Viper audio software. I froze most of the bloatware. Unless you're gonna flash a rom. I'd leave just as is.
Where would I get the viper sw? What is so good about it over the stock?
HTC One (M8) ~ ROM: Android Revolution HD 7.1 (subjected to ROM Cleaner), Android: 4.4.2, Sense: 6.0, Kernel: Stock, Mods: Sense Toolbox, Root: Yes, S-Off: Yes, SuperCID: Yes
Nexus 7 (2013) ~ ROM: Stock, Android: 4.4.4, Kernel:Stock, Mods: Gravity Box, Root: Yes
---
HTC One X (retired) ~ ROM: Android Revolution HD 33.1 (subjected to ROM Cleaner), Android: 4.2.2, Sense: 5.0, Kernel: Stock , Mods: JB modPack, Root: Yes

skn-xda
Old
(Last edited by skn-xda; 29th June 2014 at 07:22 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by an0ther View Post
You can clear your tampered label. You can get rid of red writing splash screen. You can convert to any m8 variant. You can flash older firmware and radio. Change your cid. Lock and unlock bootloader. Etc.. almost brick proof.

Thanks, have already super cid. Thinking of converting to gpe, though not sure of the merit. I don't hate sense
---

an0ther
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by skn-xda View Post
Thanks, have already super cid. Thinking of converting to gpe, though not sure of the merit. I don't hate sense
No advantage to converting. Running a Rom is the same thing.