Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Anyone managed to get the Play Store to work?

OP SovereignKnight

20th June 2014, 03:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
160 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Has anyone currently managed to get the Google Play Store to work correctly on Fire TV? I've done a forum search and I don't get anything on the topic.

If it is working, please direct me to the link! Thanks!
21st June 2014, 07:39 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
working google play store
Quote:
Originally Posted by SovereignKnight

Has anyone currently managed to get the Google Play Store to work correctly on Fire TV? I've done a forum search and I don't get anything on the topic.

If it is working, please direct me to the link! Thanks!

yes
I followed the following instructions and it is really working
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2787813
22nd June 2014, 02:37 AM   |  #3  
fireTVnews.com's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 48
 
70 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SovereignKnight

Has anyone currently managed to get the Google Play Store to work correctly on Fire TV? I've done a forum search and I don't get anything on the topic.

If it is working, please direct me to the link! Thanks!

Here is my step-by-step guide with screenshots: http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-insta...mazon-fire-tv/
Last edited by fireTVnews.com; 22nd July 2014 at 05:59 PM.
22nd June 2014, 02:47 AM   |  #4  
JJ-KwiK's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51
 
249 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireTVnews.com

Here is my step-by-step guide with screenshots: http://www.firetvnews.com/how-to-ins...mazon-fire-tv/

This might be a silly question, but I'm assuming we have to enable installation from 3rd party sources first, right?
Like mentioned here - > http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53432061

Sent from my A1-810 using XDA Premium HD app
22nd June 2014, 02:54 AM   |  #5  
fireTVnews.com's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 48
 
70 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ-KwiK

This might be a silly question, but I'm assuming we have to enable installation from 3rd party sources first, right?
Like mentioned here - > http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53432061

Sent from my A1-810 using XDA Premium HD app

I'm almost certain the Fire TV I installed the play store on did not have unknown sources enabled. I am able to download and install apps just fine. I could be remembering incorrectly, but I'm pretty sure I never enabled unknown sources on this particular Fire TV.
The Following User Says Thank You to fireTVnews.com For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th June 2014, 03:32 PM   |  #6  
moeduss's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
192 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireTVnews.com

I'm almost certain the Fire TV I installed the play store on did not have unknown sources enabled. I am able to download and install apps just fine. I could be remembering incorrectly, but I'm pretty sure I never enabled unknown sources on this particular Fire TV.

How do you enable unknown sources for the fore tv been looking but have had no luck.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
29th June 2014, 03:48 PM   |  #7  
JJ-KwiK's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51
 
249 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by moeduss

How do you enable unknown sources for the fore tv been looking but have had no luck.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

HERE - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53432061

The Following User Says Thank You to JJ-KwiK For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes