Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,416 Members 39,351 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LG G2 AT&T Bricked Pretty Badly

Tip us?

SkylerWallace
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] LG G2 AT&T Bricked Pretty Badly

I have a rooted LG G2 (AT&T) running Android 4.2.2. I rooted it and then tried to install TWRP recovery. After attempting to flash a TWRP image using Flashify, the phone rebooted showing the Android guy with a red triangle (so basically the installation failed). I held down the power button and the phone booted up like normal.

Alright, now later down the line the phone received an OTA update (probably Kitkat). When the phone "booted", the LG logo flashed on the screen and then stayed black (the backlight was still on). If I hold the power button+volume down, the phone will just reboot. Without really being able power down the device, it seems I cannot get into download mode. Also, if I hold down power button+volume down for a long time, the notification LED will blink red (5 times *stop* 5 times...) until I let go.

Eventually I tried the power button+volume down button multiple times, pressing it in different timing intervals and managed to get it into factory reset mode! I followed the prompts but alas the phone will still not boot normally and the screen backlight is still on.

I hope this is the right forum, I need help fast.

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,716

DONATE TO ME
You may wish to post your request in G2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting

SkylerWallace
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71 View Post
You may wish to post your request in G2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting
So just copy paste this in a that forum then delete this one?

the_scotsman
Old
Assistant Forum Admin / Moderator Committee / Haggis Muncher
Thanks Meter 9,190

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylerWallace View Post
So just copy paste this in a that forum then delete this one?
Essentially, yes. This isn't a tech support forum. It's simply to help you find what you're looking for or find where to look for further information. Copy and paste your question in there. No need to have this one deleted though.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the_scotsman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe