Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Help an Android user with 8.1 upgrade difficulties

OP HD2FORNICK

26th June 2014, 04:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35

255 posts
I am creating this thread out of frustration in not being able to perform what seems like a simple OTA update to Windows 8.1 on my Lumia 810. I have used Android all throughout and am an expert when it comes to rooting and installing customs roms so I am thoroughly aware of things I need to do before I get 8.1. I have been able to get 8.1 succesfully on the 928 and the 521 so I have Preview for Developers installed on my phone. I have used the Nokia Recovery Tool to reinstall the OS and even managed to get through to the two updates prior to installing 8.1 where it gives me the message how I'll love 8.1.

This is where I am stuck. I get messages from "unable to download" or "Downloaded but cannot install" dumba$$ MS messages. I have tried 6 different wifis, turned the clock back, forward, region changes, lnguage pack changes, blah and blah. Nothing effin works!

Finally, I am concluding this is a space allocation issue. When I go into storage check, it shows more than 4 GB available but how do I give more space to system? I tried file manager/explorer but nothing works. I am 100% positive that the moment I give more space in the system folder I should be golden. I have tried removing apps, etc. but I don't think this affects system storage space. I have been trying this for the past 10 days but not going anywhere.
Thanks!
26th June 2014, 08:15 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

48 posts
Prompt
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD2FORNICK

I am creating this thread out of frustration in not being able to perform what seems like a simple OTA update to Windows 8.1 on my Lumia 810. I have used Android all throughout and am an expert when it comes to rooting and installing customs roms so I am thoroughly aware of things I need to do before I get 8.1. I have been able to get 8.1 succesfully on the 928 and the 521 so I have Preview for Developers installed on my phone. I have used the Nokia Recovery Tool to reinstall the OS and even managed to get through to the two updates prior to installing 8.1 where it gives me the message how I'll love 8.1.

This is where I am stuck. I get messages from "unable to download" or "Downloaded but cannot install" dumba$$ MS messages. I have tried 6 different wifis, turned the clock back, forward, region changes, lnguage pack changes, blah and blah. Nothing effin works!

Finally, I am concluding this is a space allocation issue. When I go into storage check, it shows more than 4 GB available but how do I give more space to system? I tried file manager/explorer but nothing works. I am 100% positive that the moment I give more space in the system folder I should be golden. I have tried removing apps, etc. but I don't think this affects system storage space. I have been trying this for the past 10 days but not going anywhere.
Thanks!

Seriously Lumia 810? 928 and 521 are windows 8. 810 is Windows 7, 7.5 up to 7.8 only. So there is no other way to upgrade it to 8.1. You are a good one when it comes to rooting your phone. But you aint good on doing a google search
26th June 2014, 09:17 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

129 posts
More
jaythang, Lumia 810 is a WP8 device! It's a 820 variant -_-

Have tried to hard reset e for first thing try to upgrade?

Sent from my Ativ S using Tapatalk 2
26th June 2014, 01:30 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas_ita

jaythang, Lumia 810 is a WP8 device! It's a 820 variant -_-

Have tried to hard reset e for first thing try to upgrade?

He is trying to put windows phone 8.1 on lumia 810 which is really not going to work.
26th June 2014, 03:33 PM   |  #5  

129 posts
More
But Lumia 810 will be updated to 8.1

26th June 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

255 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythang

He is trying to put windows phone 8.1 on lumia 810 which is really not going to work.

Lol. I know the 810 does not have an upgrade path but the phone can get 8.1 as per my Google search and some 810 users on this forum .
26th June 2014, 03:58 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 241

918 posts
Lumia 810 is a windows phone 8 device.

To get 8.1, you need to be a registered developer, as the official version is still not yet available to the general public.
26th June 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

255 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythang

Seriously Lumia 810? 928 and 521 are windows 8. 810 is Windows 7, 7.5 up to 7.8 only. So there is no other way to upgrade it to 8.1. You are a good one when it comes to rooting your phone. But you aint good on doing a google search

Don't know what part of the world you're from and I'm giving you the benefit of doubt but in the good old US of A, I get this for a quick Google search.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/21425...right-now.html

http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-p...-now-available

Both these links mention that while the 810 may not get an official upgrade path, it will be through Preview for developers. Also, there are many users on this forum who claim they have 8.1 running on their 810s.
29th June 2014, 06:35 PM   |  #9  

129 posts
More
But, how many device have you upgraded with your Dev Account? You can associate max 3 devices to a dev account

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread