[Q] bricked prism 2

OP jayjmarlo

29th June 2014, 08:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I accidental uninstalled the launcher in my prism 2 u8686 now it's stuck at the tmobile boot screen I think it's bricked. The boot loader has been previously unlocked and it was rooted. Any way to restore a stock rom? I can't get it into download mode tried holding down power and volume keys with no results.
Last edited by jayjmarlo; 29th June 2014 at 09:03 AM.
29th June 2014, 01:14 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 7

32 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjmarlo

I accidental uninstalled the launcher in my prism 2 u8686 now it's stuck at the tmobile boot screen I think it's bricked. The boot loader has been previously unlocked and it was rooted. Any way to restore a stock rom? I can't get it into download mode tried holding down power and volume keys with no results.

Try to hold those buttons as long as you get in to the download mode, flash stock rom via odin. (Google for the stock rom, for example: http://droid-hive.com/index.php?/top...8686-prism-ii/)

Odin may not support prism 2 u8686, in that case maybe this can help: http://androidxda.com/flash-stock-ro...one-flash-tool
Last edited by varespuuotsas; 29th June 2014 at 01:18 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to varespuuotsas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th June 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Success, it's volume up on the phone to get into recovery mode, a simple restore did it.
29th June 2014, 06:46 PM   |  #4  

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjmarlo

You can try 'wipe data' or factory reset and removing cache using recovery mode. press vol up+power+home to get into recovery mode. then you can install any launcher using mogenie. If wiping cache does not works you can try flashing new rom using recovery mode.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread