Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,670 Members 44,293 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] bricked prism 2

Tip us?

jayjmarlo
Old
(Last edited by jayjmarlo; 29th June 2014 at 09:03 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] bricked prism 2

I accidental uninstalled the launcher in my prism 2 u8686 now it's stuck at the tmobile boot screen I think it's bricked. The boot loader has been previously unlocked and it was rooted. Any way to restore a stock rom? I can't get it into download mode tried holding down power and volume keys with no results.

varespuuotsas
Old
(Last edited by varespuuotsas; 29th June 2014 at 01:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjmarlo View Post
I accidental uninstalled the launcher in my prism 2 u8686 now it's stuck at the tmobile boot screen I think it's bricked. The boot loader has been previously unlocked and it was rooted. Any way to restore a stock rom? I can't get it into download mode tried holding down power and volume keys with no results.
Try to hold those buttons as long as you get in to the download mode, flash stock rom via odin. (Google for the stock rom, for example: http://droid-hive.com/index.php?/top...8686-prism-ii/)

Odin may not support prism 2 u8686, in that case maybe this can help: http://androidxda.com/flash-stock-ro...one-flash-tool
The Following User Says Thank You to varespuuotsas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jayjmarlo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Success, it's volume up on the phone to get into recovery mode, a simple restore did it.

sri7an
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjmarlo View Post
You can try 'wipe data' or factory reset and removing cache using recovery mode. press vol up+power+home to get into recovery mode. then you can install any launcher using mogenie. If wiping cache does not works you can try flashing new rom using recovery mode.