Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,540 Members 38,343 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] XBMC Hogging all my space HELP!

Tip us?

myteematt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] XBMC Hogging all my space HELP!

Im running XBMC 13 and tried relocating the app with per instructions on this site however it doesnt use the data/obb directories. How do I change the profile path/directory in XBMC to point it to the stickmount mounted drive. I know this will solve alot of users problems as XBMC can be a space hog on the Fire TV? Thanks in advance

{ParanoiA}
Old
(Last edited by {ParanoiA}; 28th June 2014 at 12:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 151
I believe this has already been covered...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2790246
HTC ONE M8: S-OFF
ROM: ViperOneM8
RECOVERY: TWRP
KERNEL: Stock

myteematt
Old
(Last edited by myteematt; 28th June 2014 at 01:13 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by {ParanoiA} View Post
I believe this has already been covered...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2790246
Very close but not what I was looking for. Ideally I want to redirect addons directory, userdata,addon_data directory only. Some addons use alot of space in their own addon folders and make it difficult to manage. Thanks in advance

JJ-KwiK
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by myteematt View Post
Very close but not what I was looking for. Ideally I want to redirect addons directory, userdata,addon_data directory only. Some addons use alot of space in their own addon folders and make it difficult to manage. Thanks in advance
It's literally the same thing. Just change the path that I used to the path you want. I wouldn't move the entire userdata folder though. Just the folders you want within it.

Sent from my A1-810 using XDA Premium HD app

htpcforall
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Default Try moving your thumbnail folder

Quote:
The thumbnails folder in userdata takes up the most memory. That is unless you've downloaded metadata packs which can be 2GB and are located in the metahandler folder under addon data in your userdata folder. I've solved all of my storage issues by relocating metadata and/or the thumbnails folder.

myteematt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by htpcforall View Post
The thumbnails folder in userdata takes up the most memory. That is unless you've downloaded metadata packs which can be 2GB and are located in the metahandler folder under addon data in your userdata folder. I've solved all of my storage issues by relocating metadata and/or the thumbnails folder.
Has anyone successfully moved the XBMC with stickmount and folder mount, and only use the external drive for storage in XBMC?

htpcforall
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Default XBMC data on external storage slow read/write

Quote:
Has anyone successfully moved the XBMC with stickmount and folder mount, and only use the external drive for storage in XBMC?
I haven't but I will. Keep in mind XBMC accesses data constantly. The quickest access is the onboard memory. An external USB drive read/write speed will be much slower for sure.

{ParanoiA}
Old
Thanks Meter 151
I just thought of an idea, but idk if it will work. What is someone is able to make a script that would symlink /data or /system (whatever you want) to a usb (formatted ext) that is plugged in. Possibly use Script Manager to run it at boot. Unless someone knows a way to do it directly on the device without an app. That would give you enough space as you would need.
HTC ONE M8: S-OFF
ROM: ViperOneM8
RECOVERY: TWRP
KERNEL: Stock

Tags
xbmc