[Q] htc first 3G not working

14th June 2014, 02:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
H!, I have a HTC First AT&T factory unlocked, bought from US. I'm in Bangalore, India now and the phone worked great for the first month. lately it does not work for call, sms, data when in "GSM/WCDMA/LTE Auto" mode (the signal bars just disappear and the phone goes out of reach). It works if i change network type to "GSM only" (in this setting i get call, sms and Edge). And the network type does not have the option "GSM/WCDMA auto". I tried all other options in the network type selection and it works ONLY in "GSM only" mode. Please help me solve this issue. In any of the case above, WiFi works fine.
NOTE: The phone is S-off and locked (can be unlocked easily), in an attempt to solve the same issue.
19th June 2014, 01:48 AM   |  #2  

6 posts
Info 2 htc first
Buddy, similar situation like u. from bhubaneshwar , i ordered from us ebay.com. every time i insert reliance sim it shows me airtel sim and before doing custom rom i cant connect even mobile data. now i am on jmzbestsense all working good excep wifi and blutooth. i will fix it soon.but after custom rom also it showing airtel instead of reliance but all good. my phone's network vanishes at some time interval for 5 or 6 seconds , does your too.
20th June 2014, 08:24 PM   |  #3  
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 14

150 posts
More
GSM mode is a sim card. WCDMA is the type of network that a carrier like Sprint or Verizon uses here in the US. I don't believe the First supports WCDMA technology.

Sent from my HTC first using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
24th June 2014, 09:26 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Hmmm. WCDMA is an integrated data technology that works with GSM with part of the technology borrowed from CDMA. So most of the smart phones with 3G data capability will have GSM/WCDMA auto selection. Here the WCDMA is for either HSDPA or HSDPA+. If a phone is capable of LTE, then the options will be GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto selection. Well this selection is where I think my phone is goofed up. I vaguely remember playing with the data settings through "Battery Doctor" app just before it went for a toss.

@anilhotblood, yes if I select the "GSM/WCDMA/LTE Auto" option my signal bars vanish but not for few seconds, it vanishes once and for all . as of now I'm using it with GSM only option with EDGE only (very slow data) .
25th June 2014, 02:57 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilcs01

Hmmm. WCDMA is an integrated data technology that works with GSM with part of the technology borrowed from CDMA. So most of the smart phones with 3G data capability will have GSM/WCDMA auto selection. Here the WCDMA is for either HSDPA or HSDPA+. If a phone is capable of LTE, then the options will be GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto selection. Well this selection is where I think my phone is goofed up. I vaguely remember playing with the data settings through "Battery Doctor" app just before it went for a toss.

@anilhotblood, yes if I select the "GSM/WCDMA/LTE Auto" option my signal bars vanish but not for few seconds, it vanishes once and for all . as of now I'm using it with GSM only option with EDGE only (very slow data) .

Can't you select GSM/WCDMA auto?
Or the equivalent is WCDMA preferred.
28th June 2014, 09:58 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
"GSM/WCDMA Auto" option is not listed in this phone.
29th June 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #7  
Flag Bogotá
Thanks Meter: 4

53 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

"GSM/WCDMA Auto" option is not listed in this phone.

Lock bootloader back!

Fastboot oem lock

my phone fix with this!
29th June 2014, 04:18 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
H! @Serupo, My bootloader is already locked. anyhow i tried unlocking it and then locking it again but it threw a command error while trying to unlock itself. and when i did a fastboot oem lock, it says the device is already locked.
29th June 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #9  
Flag Bogotá
Thanks Meter: 4

53 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

H! @Serupo, My bootloader is already locked. anyhow i tried unlocking it and then locking it again but it threw a command error while trying to unlock itself. and when i did a fastboot oem lock, it says the device is already locked.

flash the phone with RUU files to original factory

this guide is in spanish, but is very complete to flash RUU

http:/ /www. htcmania. com/ showthread. php?t=548748

here the files http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2314859

not try to flash the file name RUU

you need to flash, extract the rom from .exe file that is the trick!

works for me and save my phone!

I hope you fix your phone!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread