No registration required

[Q] Problems with Titanium Backup from EVO 4g LTE to M8

OP ecvorst

29th June 2014, 09:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

24 posts
Hey all, here's a bit of an odd one.

I have upgraded from an HTC EVO 4g LTE to the Sprint HTC ONE M8. In the past I have used Titanium Backup Pro to transfer specific apps+data from my OG EVO to the LTE with no problems. (Specifically, NES.EMU and GB.EMU along with saved game states).

Unfortunately, the same process I've used in the past is not working now. In several hours of searching this forum and the rest of the inter webs, I've figured out that these files are being stored in a slightly different location (M8 goes to storage/emulated/legacy). However, no matter how many different methods I try, I can't get the .tibk file to show up where it needs to be. I've even copied from the old device to the computer to the new device. Each time, no dice on the backup file - and the new device doesn't recognize my game ROM folder.

ANYWAY my head is about to implode and I wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with this issue OR has any good leads on where I can find out more.

Essentially, I want to be able to get a good TiBu backup file from the EVO 4g to the M8 using either the SD card or a PC as an intermediary device.

I have tried creating the update.zip file and flashing it via TWRP as well, with no luck.

Hopefully I'm missing something incredibly simple but the changes to the folder structures between the two devices is making this a big motherlovin' cluster&#@.

Thanks!
29th June 2014, 09:51 PM   |  #2  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 4

24 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvorst

Hey all, here's a bit of an odd one.

I have upgraded from an HTC EVO 4g LTE to the Sprint HTC ONE M8. In the past I have used Titanium Backup Pro to transfer specific apps+data from my OG EVO to the LTE with no problems. (Specifically, NES.EMU and GB.EMU along with saved game states).

Unfortunately, the same process I've used in the past is not working now. In several hours of searching this forum and the rest of the inter webs, I've figured out that these files are being stored in a slightly different location (M8 goes to storage/emulated/legacy). However, no matter how many different methods I try, I can't get the .tibk file to show up where it needs to be. I've even copied from the old device to the computer to the new device. Each time, no dice on the backup file - and the new device doesn't recognize my game ROM folder.

ANYWAY my head is about to implode and I wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with this issue OR has any good leads on where I can find out more.

Essentially, I want to be able to get a good TiBu backup file from the EVO 4g to the M8 using either the SD card or a PC as an intermediary device.

I have tried creating the update.zip file and flashing it via TWRP as well, with no luck.

Hopefully I'm missing something incredibly simple but the changes to the folder structures between the two devices is making this a big motherlovin' cluster&#@.

Thanks!

You may have already done this, but this helped me. In TB go to menu > preferences > backup folder location > scan entire device

It will take a few seconds to scan your phone but should find where your backups are. Select the folder and then back out and TB will re-load and you should be able to restore your backups.

Good luck.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread