HTC One M8 vs LG G3

OP bong0x00

29th June 2014, 07:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28

341 posts
More
I have HTC One M8 now.

I'm planning to sell it and buy G3/iPhone 5s.

Worth it or not?

Thanks Guys
The Following User Says Thank You to bong0x00 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th June 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #2  
Flag Svärdsjö
Thanks Meter: 16

82 posts
More
Not worth it in my opinion. The feel and finish of the G3 is nowhere near the M8. Also, 5,5 inches is a bit too much for me. Not exactly comfortable to hold (and I don't have small hands). The UI felt sluggish and slow at times when I tested it (the 2/16GB version, perhaps the 3/32 is better in that aspect). The screen is nice, but I still prefer the M8. Crisper, more lively, better contrast. The G3 has too many pixels to move around, considering it hasn't got any snappier hardware than the M8. I wouldn't trade it in for the G3, and definitely not for an iPhone 5s. Let the M8 grow on you. You won't regret it.
29th June 2014, 08:39 PM   |  #3  
Flag canterbury
Thanks Meter: 303

1,271 posts
More
The 2k screen of the g3 seems to be the major advantage over m8, but that comes with a cost. The speed of g3 simply won't be able to match m8 due to the gpu power wasted on 2k screen res. The material on the g3 is just plastic. The software support from LG is poor compared to HTC today, HTC promises Android L update for m7 and m8 within 3 months time. The stereo speakers on the m8 are unmatched by any other smartphone.

And, 5s??? Really?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
I think this thread is going to be closed very soon
Last edited by steve1996; 29th June 2014 at 08:41 PM.
29th June 2014, 09:26 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 25

197 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1996

The 2k screen of the g3 seems to be the major advantage over m8, but that comes with a cost. The speed of g3 simply won't be able to match m8 due to the gpu power wasted on 2k screen res. The material on the g3 is just plastic. The software support from LG is poor compared to HTC today, HTC promises Android L update for m7 and m8 within 3 months time. The stereo speakers on the m8 are unmatched by any other smartphone.

And, 5s??? Really?

Does 1440p really make that much of a difference as compared to the m8's 1080p (speed wise)?
29th June 2014, 09:31 PM   |  #5  
Flag Nampa
Thanks Meter: 2,617

6,862 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1996

And, 5s??? Really?

Not 3 months from now, 3 months from the official L release. Which won't be til late fall. And the G3 will be a great device. You can't go wrong with M8 or G3. Not sure I'd sell my M8 for g3 tho. And 5s shouldn't even be in that equation lol.
29th June 2014, 09:38 PM   |  #6  
Forum Moderator
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 5,348

4,137 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sorry gents, I'm gonna have to close this.
Ref.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coal686

We do allow device comparisons ... in the official thread only. Device comparisons usually bring out the fanboys and flaming which is why it's only allowed there.

Thank you for your understanding.
coal686

Cheers.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread