Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 48,962 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tab Pro 8.4 vs Tab S 8.4

Tip us?

xmxm
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Default Tab S display analysis

Here is a review of S display: http://www.displaymate.com/OLED_Tablet_ShootOut_1.htm
Even though I could not find review of Pro 8.4 on the same site, you can use review of Nexus 7/Ipan mini for comparison http://www.displaymate.com/Tablet_ShootOut_4.htm
The Following User Says Thank You to xmxm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bluemax70
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Factory refurb tab pros $269

Groupon has factory refurb tab pro 8.4s for $269

büscher
Old
Thanks Meter 517
wow... I got my tabpro 8.4 for around 220$ (199.- CHF) lucky me.

I really can say this tab gives me all I want. The display is amazing, I can't imagine something better - a pdf looks just like a printed paper and if you adjust the brightness to the highest level it destroys your eyes in the dark.

The CPU is capable of running @2.7GHz (at least mine does), the 2GB RAM are more than enough (we have a linux based OS here with a good memory management).

My Antutu score is around 38'000 (@2.4GHz) - I know that doesnt say much about daily usage but you can feel it.

If you replace Touchwiz with apex you won't see any stutters, just plain smooth (also set the animation scales to 0.5 in developer options)

Also the Hancom Office is amazing. the only thing I miss is the "S Planer Widget" I hate this Touchwiz replacement thingie...
The Following User Says Thank You to büscher For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Skitals
Old
Thanks Meter 46
I got my Tab Pro 8.4 in the Best Buy sale for $250 plus $50 gift card (plus the $25 Play store credit), so I can't complain about price. I love everything about it, EXCEPT the battery life. Everything else being equal, the Tab S appears to have significantly better battery life. In the Engadget review, it was something like 12 hours compared to 7 on the Pro. That's a HUGE difference! There is nothing worse than battery anxiety. But is it worth twice the price?

coolqf
Old
Thanks Meter 34
7hrs is tough. Maybe the original is release used a lot of energy? I ran about 9hrs and it went to about 13%. However, I have cyanogenmod11 and disabled apps that I will never use, like the dialer, etc....

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk