Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,594 Members 39,370 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sprint Epic 4g

Tip us?

MysticAndroid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Sprint Epic 4g

I was finally able to find something that would root my Epic 4g (not touch) . Its called vroot. Im looking for a couple of apps and have been searching for awhile, maybe there arent any but..... 1 is for screenshots. I was never able to do that. The 2nd is a texting app that will tell me when my text was read, but something the other person doesnt to download. I know its sounds weird to want to know if your text was read......but when you have a teenager who always uses the line.... I didnt see your text.....

anyway.....does anyone know of any apps that would help me?

also.....im new to this rooting. Is there anything else I need to do? I used a one click method.

Thank you for any help.

P.S. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. Again I'm new at this and I find it very confusing...lol

MysticAndroid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticAndroid View Post
I was finally able to find something that would root my Epic 4g (not touch) . Its called vroot. Im looking for a couple of apps and have been searching for awhile, maybe there arent any but..... 1 is for screenshots. I was never able to do that. The 2nd is a texting app that will tell me when my text was read, but something the other person doesnt to download. I know its sounds weird to want to know if your text was read......but when you have a teenager who always uses the line.... I didnt see your text.....

anyway.....does anyone know of any apps that would help me?

also.....im new to this rooting. Is there anything else I need to do? I used a one click method.

Thank you for any help.

P.S. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. Again I'm new at this and I find it very confusing...lol

Is there a different board I should post this on?

Mr_You
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
The 2nd is a texting app that will tell me when my text was read, but something the other person doesnt to download.
In Cyanogenmod v10.1 in the stock Messaging app there is a setting "Request a read report for each message you send". I've never used it and have no idea how it works but I thought I would mention it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_You For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MysticAndroid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_You View Post
In Cyanogenmod v10.1 in the stock Messaging app there is a setting "Request a read report for each message you send". I've never used it and have no idea how it works but I thought I would mention it.

Thank you. What is Cyanogenmod?

Mr_You
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
The best third-party Android ROM for the Sprint Samsung Epic 4G.

Mr_You
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Oops.. I just noticed that this "request read report for each message you send" applies only to MMS messages. Not SMS.

So if you're still looking for this feature then you'll want to find an SMS/MMS app that will do this for MMS messages because it probably can't be done for SMS.

In order to ensure the text is sent as MMS you would have to send an attachment. MMS also require a solid data connection.