Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Sprint Epic 4g

OP MysticAndroid

25th June 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I was finally able to find something that would root my Epic 4g (not touch) . Its called vroot. Im looking for a couple of apps and have been searching for awhile, maybe there arent any but..... 1 is for screenshots. I was never able to do that. The 2nd is a texting app that will tell me when my text was read, but something the other person doesnt to download. I know its sounds weird to want to know if your text was read......but when you have a teenager who always uses the line.... I didnt see your text.....

anyway.....does anyone know of any apps that would help me?

also.....im new to this rooting. Is there anything else I need to do? I used a one click method.

Thank you for any help.

P.S. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. Again I'm new at this and I find it very confusing...lol
25th June 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticAndroid

I was finally able to find something that would root my Epic 4g (not touch) . Its called vroot. Im looking for a couple of apps and have been searching for awhile, maybe there arent any but..... 1 is for screenshots. I was never able to do that. The 2nd is a texting app that will tell me when my text was read, but something the other person doesnt to download. I know its sounds weird to want to know if your text was read......but when you have a teenager who always uses the line.... I didnt see your text.....

anyway.....does anyone know of any apps that would help me?

also.....im new to this rooting. Is there anything else I need to do? I used a one click method.

Thank you for any help.

P.S. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. Again I'm new at this and I find it very confusing...lol

Is there a different board I should post this on?
27th June 2014, 04:56 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 13

72 posts
Quote:

The 2nd is a texting app that will tell me when my text was read, but something the other person doesnt to download.

In Cyanogenmod v10.1 in the stock Messaging app there is a setting "Request a read report for each message you send". I've never used it and have no idea how it works but I thought I would mention it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_You For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th June 2014, 03:40 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_You

In Cyanogenmod v10.1 in the stock Messaging app there is a setting "Request a read report for each message you send". I've never used it and have no idea how it works but I thought I would mention it.

Thank you. What is Cyanogenmod?
29th June 2014, 02:25 AM   |  #5  

72 posts
Quote:

The best third-party Android ROM for the Sprint Samsung Epic 4G.
29th June 2014, 11:12 PM   |  #6  

72 posts
Quote:

Oops.. I just noticed that this "request read report for each message you send" applies only to MMS messages. Not SMS.

So if you're still looking for this feature then you'll want to find an SMS/MMS app that will do this for MMS messages because it probably can't be done for SMS.

In order to ensure the text is sent as MMS you would have to send an attachment. MMS also require a solid data connection.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread