Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Dual Networks? Use CDMA & GSM simultaneously?

OP x86Daddy

25th June 2014, 10:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

20 posts
More
I bought a used XT897, did the SIM mod, and run it with AT&T, a GSM/UMTS provider. I'm wondering if I can *also* activate it with a Sprint MVNO like FreedomPop or Ting and somehow use both services alternately / at the same time, i.e. like Chinese phones with dual SIM slots. Has anyone explored this?

I'm currently running a 4.2 version of Cyanogenmod, and they split their distribution into separate UMTS and CDMA builds, so I'm guessing I'd either have to alternate between OS backups, or I'd have to simply switch to another distro / the orginal Sprint 4.1.2 Android...
30th June 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

41 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by x86Daddy

I bought a used XT897, did the SIM mod, and run it with AT&T, a GSM/UMTS provider. I'm wondering if I can *also* activate it with a Sprint MVNO like FreedomPop or Ting and somehow use both services alternately / at the same time, i.e. like Chinese phones with dual SIM slots. Has anyone explored this?

I'm currently running a 4.2 version of Cyanogenmod, and they split their distribution into separate UMTS and CDMA builds, so I'm guessing I'd either have to alternate between OS backups, or I'd have to simply switch to another distro / the orginal Sprint 4.1.2 Android...

bump for interest
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread