Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,834 Members 50,134 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Dual Networks? Use CDMA & GSM simultaneously?

Tip us?

x86Daddy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Question [Q] Dual Networks? Use CDMA & GSM simultaneously?

I bought a used XT897, did the SIM mod, and run it with AT&T, a GSM/UMTS provider. I'm wondering if I can *also* activate it with a Sprint MVNO like FreedomPop or Ting and somehow use both services alternately / at the same time, i.e. like Chinese phones with dual SIM slots. Has anyone explored this?

I'm currently running a 4.2 version of Cyanogenmod, and they split their distribution into separate UMTS and CDMA builds, so I'm guessing I'd either have to alternate between OS backups, or I'd have to simply switch to another distro / the orginal Sprint 4.1.2 Android...

ericcire
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by x86Daddy View Post
I bought a used XT897, did the SIM mod, and run it with AT&T, a GSM/UMTS provider. I'm wondering if I can *also* activate it with a Sprint MVNO like FreedomPop or Ting and somehow use both services alternately / at the same time, i.e. like Chinese phones with dual SIM slots. Has anyone explored this?

I'm currently running a 4.2 version of Cyanogenmod, and they split their distribution into separate UMTS and CDMA builds, so I'm guessing I'd either have to alternate between OS backups, or I'd have to simply switch to another distro / the orginal Sprint 4.1.2 Android...
bump for interest