Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,941 Members 38,589 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen/touch issue?

Tip us?

daxdax89
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default Screen/touch issue?

I was at swiming pool today and i was recording few video under the water (around 1 meter deep) for no more than 5 minutes,then i left phone i bag outside of water and after few hours when i was about to go home,i couldnt unlock my phone.I restarted it and it's like touchscreen not responding at all.Can take screenshot with combo buttons,can recieve calls,can take pictures with hardware camera button but cant do nothing with screen.I don't have warranty so i guess phone is gone to hell?

SpiritBreak3r
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Or could be not. Try switching off and drying out the phone for couple of hours. Do not blow hair dryer on it though. If it still doesn't come up, you might have a dead "Digitizer".

Scouser2187
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Although labelled as waterproof, if you read the small print, it says in fresh water only, in a swimming pool it has chlorine in it, so therefore not classed as fresh water which means you shouldn't use the phone there. Stupid I know, but this could be your issue. I ran my phone under a running tap for 20 seconds and after that the speaker was distorted and the touchscreen was not working right. After leaving it to dry for a short time, I turned it back on and it worked fine, I wouldn't do it again, I don't trust it!

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Free mobile app

aigaming
Old
Thanks Meter 228
Quick tip,whenever you have water dmg or simullar,submerge your phone in rice and let it stay for few days,it helped me many times on phones
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone's: 02x by Penguin team & Sony z1c
Rom: Tony&Penguses cm10.1 beta
Kernel: Penguses Kowalski kernel(newest version available)
BB: v30a

Rekoil
Old
Thanks Meter 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by daxdax89 View Post
I was at swiming pool today and i was recording few video under the water (around 1 meter deep) for no more than 5 minutes,then i left phone i bag outside of water and after few hours when i was about to go home,i couldnt unlock my phone.I restarted it and it's like touchscreen not responding at all.Can take screenshot with combo buttons,can recieve calls,can take pictures with hardware camera button but cant do nothing with screen.I don't have warranty so i guess phone is gone to hell?
Are any of the water ingression indicators (inside the flaps) red? Are there any cracks in the screen?
sony xperia z1 compact d5503 lime green

previous phones
sony xperia z1 c6903 metallic purple - screen cracked, broken digitizer
sony xperia z c6603 royal purple - faulty backplate, returned
samsung galaxy s3 lte (gt-i9305n) marble white - sold... no more samsungs for me
htc one x glacier white - dead :'(
apple iphone 4s white - sold