Screen/touch issue?

OP daxdax89

28th June 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Knjazevac
Thanks Meter: 24

281 posts
More
I was at swiming pool today and i was recording few video under the water (around 1 meter deep) for no more than 5 minutes,then i left phone i bag outside of water and after few hours when i was about to go home,i couldnt unlock my phone.I restarted it and it's like touchscreen not responding at all.Can take screenshot with combo buttons,can recieve calls,can take pictures with hardware camera button but cant do nothing with screen.I don't have warranty so i guess phone is gone to hell?
29th June 2014, 03:10 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 12

47 posts
Or could be not. Try switching off and drying out the phone for couple of hours. Do not blow hair dryer on it though. If it still doesn't come up, you might have a dead "Digitizer".
29th June 2014, 04:25 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Although labelled as waterproof, if you read the small print, it says in fresh water only, in a swimming pool it has chlorine in it, so therefore not classed as fresh water which means you shouldn't use the phone there. Stupid I know, but this could be your issue. I ran my phone under a running tap for 20 seconds and after that the speaker was distorted and the touchscreen was not working right. After leaving it to dry for a short time, I turned it back on and it worked fine, I wouldn't do it again, I don't trust it!

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Free mobile app
29th June 2014, 10:48 AM   |  #4  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 236

942 posts
More
Quick tip,whenever you have water dmg or simullar,submerge your phone in rice and let it stay for few days,it helped me many times on phones
30th June 2014, 02:26 AM   |  #5  
Flag Göteborg
Thanks Meter: 431

1,055 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daxdax89

I was at swiming pool today and i was recording few video under the water (around 1 meter deep) for no more than 5 minutes,then i left phone i bag outside of water and after few hours when i was about to go home,i couldnt unlock my phone.I restarted it and it's like touchscreen not responding at all.Can take screenshot with combo buttons,can recieve calls,can take pictures with hardware camera button but cant do nothing with screen.I don't have warranty so i guess phone is gone to hell?

Are any of the water ingression indicators (inside the flaps) red? Are there any cracks in the screen?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread