Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,743 Members 43,696 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Optimus G Pro KitKat 4.4.2 manual network search bug

Tip us?

osprey23
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Optimus G Pro KitKat 4.4.2 manual network search bug

Everyone,

I just updated my firmware to 4.4.2 via the LG software (South East Asia version). What I found out is that I can no longer manually search for telco network and pick the network of my choice. It will always present "No Networks Found" when I attempt to search. Auto network selection works fine. However, I need to search and select manual network due to the network alliance for data roaming.

I send my phone in to the service center and they tested it with different phones and found that it is consistent and they declare that it is a bug in the KitKat firmware. They downgraded my phone back to 4.1.2 and tell me that they will feedback the bug to the software team, however there is no commitment on when this will be fixed.

Please help me test the manual network search on your 4.4.2 and let me know if you face the same "No Networks Found" issue. I want to know if this is limited to the South East Asia version of the firmware or it is bigger.

Thank you.

ap1913
Old
(Last edited by ap1913; 28th June 2014 at 12:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I had this problem too. I was using the Singapore E988 and when I upgraded it to 4.4.2, the phone could not display the available telco networks in all modes (GSM, WCDMA, LTE...). Either it gives "no network found" or "error while searching for networks."

Tried resetting to factory numerous times and reinstalling 4.4.2, but it doesn't solve the problem.

I had to downgrade it back to 4.1.2 and everything is back to normal.

osprey23
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1913 View Post
I had this problem too. I was using the Singapore E988 and when I upgraded it to 4.4.2, the phone could not display the available telco networks in all modes (GSM, WCDMA, LTE...). Either it gives "no network found" or "error while searching for networks."

Tried resetting to factory numerous times and reinstalling 4.4.2, but it doesn't solve the problem.

I had to downgrade it back to 4.1.2 and everything is back to normal.
Thanks for the confirmation. Hopefully LG will fix this in 4.4.2 so that we have a functioning KitKat to use on our phone.

Cheers!