[Q] Note 10.1 (N8000) cannot upgrade to KitKat, Odin, KIES and OTA fails

OP msl

30th June 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Hello everyone

So, I fixed the problem of my tablet being bricked by installing the factory stock 4.0.4 ROM on it, and it has been my go-to resolution for the past couple of days, while I have been struggling to get the upgrade I have been waiting for, for so long.

However, no matter what I seem to do, my device just will not accept the upgrade, and I cannot understand why. Here is what I have done.

Number 1
My android was running a stock 4.1.2 downloaded from Sammobile. I am not sure of the country/region I downloaded at the time, but I think it was either German or from the U.K. I bought my N8000 in China and flashing the firmware to get access to Google stuff was the first thing I did and then upgraded via Sammobile, formerly samfirmware I think. When I saw the 4.4.2 KitKat on Sammobile I downloaded the German upgrade, flashed via Odin like I always had done, and it failed.

I then went on to try via KIES and it did say, that a firmware upgrade was available, however it got stuck and my device bricked. Which led to my 2-day marathon flashing of roms to try and fix it.

Number 2
Flashed the factory 4.0.1 rom using ODIN 1.83, factory reset + cache wipe and then Odin flash the 4.4.2 - Failed in ODIN.

Number 3
Flashed the factory 4.0.1 rom using ODIN 1.83, factory reset + cache wipe and then - Used OTA from settings to upgrade my device. This works until 4.1.2 and then I am told that my device has been modified and that no upgrades are available.

I then try to Odin Flash the Indian 4.4.2 from Sammobile - Failed in Odin

Number 4
Flashed the factory 4.0.1 rom using ODIN 1.83, factory reset + cache wipe and then OTA to 4.1.2. Then I connect to KIES to download the firmware upgrade and it fails and device bricks.

Number 5
Flashed the factory 4.0.1 rom using ODIN 1.83, factory reset + cache wipe and then OTA to 4.1.2. Then I root the device with Framaroot and install triangle away and use the system status modification to trick my tablet into thinking, or realizing, that it is in fact an official.

The OTA upgrade is now available, 800MB downloaded and installation begins, but the process fails and I am left in 4.1.2. I try again, same result. I flash via Odin, it fails, I try Kies it bricks.

Is it just me or is my tablet actively fighting me on this?
Is there anything I can do? Any suggestions? China is not exactly full of Samsung Service Centers, although I am sure a big city like Chongqing has one or two?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread