[Q] Galaxy note 10.1 (N8000) HardBricked after failed 4.4.2 upgrade

OP msl

26th June 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Hello Everyone

UPDATE
So, it turns out that the Original Stock Android rom fixes my problem.
I had issues downloading this file several times and I kind of held my breath while it was installing, as I have gotten the failure message right towards the end of it all.

But the stock rom did it for me, so if anyone has a seriously bricked device and all you can do is go into ODIN mode, this might solve it for you:

I still cant link outside of XDA so, go to "World Wide Web" . TheAndroidSoul . com / ddalh1/
That is where I found the original stock rom. Download it, and keep it safe!

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8000) and two days ago, I was running the stock Android 4.1.2 version. The ROM that I had installed has this information: (Downloaded from sammobile.com and installed via ODIN.

Model: GT-N8000
Model name: GALAXY Note 10.1
Version: Android 4.1.2
Changelist: 1388206
Build date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 04:43:27 +0000
Product Code: DBT
PDA: N8000XXCMI2
CSC: N8000OXACMI2
MODEM: N8000XXCLL1

I then decided that I was excited about the new 4.4.2 version and decided to give it a go. So I downloaded the stock from Singapore

Version: Android 4.4.2
Changelist: 1678704
Build date: Wed, 28 May 2014 11:14:25 +0000
Product Code: MM1
PDA: N8000XXUDNE5
CSC: N8000OLBDNE3
MODEM: N8000DXUDND1

I got a fail from ODIN, I do not remember exactly what the problem was, but then I decided to try the Indian version

Changelist: 1813067
Build date: Sat, 31 May 2014 05:49:17 +0000
Product Code: INU
PDA: N8000XXUDNE6
CSC: N8000ODDDNE4
MODEM: N8000DDUCNE2

And that one did not work either. I then went on to install KIES and sure enough, it gave me the option to do a firmware update. So I tried that, but after waiting for a long time it just wouldn't install in the end.

I guess I tried to install one of the downloaded roms again, and I am not sure why, but now the tablet is more or less screwed. I can boot into ODIN mode, but I cannot flash any new roms (usually files at tz.img or nand write). I can install TWRP recovery and I have tried installing their OMNI from from inside TWRP and it installs, and the tablet will proceed to the omri ROM boot screen and then never move on from there.

I noticed inside TWRP that I can mount every partition of the internal SD card except for preload and I get E: Unable to mount error message every time I do a command in TWRP.

I can Flash CMW Touch recovery as well, but I cannot boot into recovery mode. I am trying to attach a link to youtube, showing what my tablet looks like when I try to boot it up.

Seems I cannot link to the Youtube video, that's a little annoying.
Go to youtube and in the address bar, after (.com) insert this: watch?v=YskciilkaSk&feature=youtu.be

In the video it starts from the OMNI rom boot screen which never ends
First I try just to reboot with the power button
Go to ODIN mode
Then I try to start Recovery mode and I get into TWRP

I then try to mount the preload partition, try to install the OMNI rom again, do a wipe and reboot.

I am pretty much lost. I have never had any trouble flashing a rom before, and even when I did, I could always just flash my previous rom and save the day. I am currently downloadid the stock N8000DDALH1 to try and flash that one last time.

I'll be happy to try and provide more information if needed. I have tried re-partitioning which doesn't work either. I am begging for help at this point!
Thank you for your help!
Last edited by msl; 26th June 2014 at 06:09 PM. Reason: I kinda stumpled upon a fix
27th June 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #2  
Flag beyond northern pole
Thanks Meter: 86

848 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by msl

Hello Everyone

UPDATE
So, it turns out that the Original Stock Android rom fixes my problem.
I had issues downloading this file several times and I kind of held my breath while it was installing, as I have gotten the failure message right towards the end of it all.

But the stock rom did it for me, so if anyone has a seriously bricked device and all you can do is go into ODIN mode, this might solve it for you:

I still cant link outside of XDA so, go to "World Wide Web" . TheAndroidSoul . com / ddalh1/
That is where I found the original stock rom. Download it, and keep it safe!

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8000) and two days ago, I was running the stock Android 4.1.2 version. The ROM that I had installed has this information: (Downloaded from sammobile.com and installed via ODIN.

Version: Android 4.1.2
Changelist: 1388206
Build date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 04:43:27 +0000
Product Code: DBT
PDA: N8000XXCMI2
CSC: N8000OXACMI2
MODEM: N8000XXCLL1

I then decided that I was excited about the new 4.4.2 version and decided to give it a go. So I downloaded the stock from Singapore

Changelist: 1678704
Build date: Wed, 28 May 2014 11:14:25 +0000
Product Code: MM1
PDA: N8000XXUDNE5
CSC: N8000OLBDNE3
MODEM: N8000DXUDND1

I got a fail from ODIN, I do not remember exactly what the problem was, but then I decided to try the Indian version

Changelist: 1813067
Build date: Sat, 31 May 2014 05:49:17 +0000
Product Code: INU
PDA: N8000XXUDNE6
CSC: N8000ODDDNE4
MODEM: N8000DDUCNE2

And that one did not work either. I then went on to install KIES and sure enough, it gave me the option to do a firmware update. So I tried that, but after waiting for a long time it just wouldn't install in the end.

I guess I tried to install one of the downloaded roms again, and I am not sure why, but now the tablet is more or less screwed. I can boot into ODIN mode, but I cannot flash any new roms (usually files at tz.img or nand write). I can install TWRP recovery and I have tried installing their OMNI from from inside TWRP and it installs, and the tablet will proceed to the omri ROM boot screen and then never move on from there.

I noticed inside TWRP that I can mount every partition of the internal SD card except for preload and I get E: Unable to mount error message every time I do a command in TWRP.

I can Flash CMW Touch recovery as well, but I cannot boot into recovery mode. I am trying to attach a link to youtube, showing what my tablet looks like when I try to boot it up.

Seems I cannot link to the Youtube video, that's a little annoying.
Go to youtube and in the address bar, after (.com) insert this: watch?v=YskciilkaSk&feature=youtu.be

In the video it starts from the OMNI rom boot screen which never ends
First I try just to reboot with the power button
Go to ODIN mode
Then I try to start Recovery mode and I get into TWRP

I then try to mount the preload partition, try to install the OMNI rom again, do a wipe and reboot.

I am pretty much lost. I have never had any trouble flashing a rom before, and even when I did, I could always just flash my previous rom and save the day. I am currently downloadid the stock N8000DDALH1 to try and flash that one last time.

I'll be happy to try and provide more information if needed. I have tried re-partitioning which doesn't work either. I am begging for help at this point!
Thank you for your help!

try to install the latest twrp recovery and ver. which is exactly for your device. KK always has some mess ups so its normal...
Samsung definitely can not make anything normal (any update..) that can work w/o problems and more exactly On time...so calm down its just normal again...
for root use only cfauto and dont flash any custom recovery after this if u dont wanna have headaches with extsdcard (blame KK and google for this, not samsung) although both are in competition to be the worst developer company...so just try and post your experiences here...and accept all these headaches normal (if u can) or know that all are caused because of incimpetance of many many inexperienced (roughly: dumb asses of the nowadays tech industry, that can only exaggerate stock values, w/o being able to do anything usefull in real).
welcome to the 21st century digital era....
30th June 2014, 04:32 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karaern

try to install the latest twrp recovery and ver. which is exactly for your device. KK always has some mess ups so its normal...
Samsung definitely can not make anything normal (any update..) that can work w/o problems and more exactly On time...so calm down its just normal again...
for root use only cfauto and dont flash any custom recovery after this if u dont wanna have headaches with extsdcard (blame KK and google for this, not samsung) although both are in competition to be the worst developer company...so just try and post your experiences here...and accept all these headaches normal (if u can) or know that all are caused because of incimpetance of many many inexperienced (roughly: dumb asses of the nowadays tech industry, that can only exaggerate stock values, w/o being able to do anything usefull in real).
welcome to the 21st century digital era....

Thank you for your reply
I seemed to have fixed it, flashing the factory STOCK rom onto the device, but I don't understand why it happened ...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread