FORUMS

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

How to get rid of the default emoji?

278 posts
Thanks Meter: 6
 
By paolobacci, Senior Member on 16th June 2014, 06:47 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I'd like to have the hangout's emoji.
Not the Samsung.

BTW I'm not rooted
 
 
19th June 2014, 04:42 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
If you're not rooted then there's no way to do so. If you are rooted however, it's pretty easy. Reply to me if you want to know how.
19th June 2014, 07:48 PM |#3  
paolobacci's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Niterói
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guetzli32

If you're not rooted then there's no way to do so. If you are rooted however, it's pretty easy. Reply to me if you want to know how.

I want for sure, maybe I'll root because of it

TY
19th June 2014, 07:58 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolobacci

I want for sure, maybe I'll root because of it

TY

THis only works if you are rooted, as I stated before.

I'm pretty sure you have to this:
With root access,

1. go to /system/fonts
2. rename NotoColorEmoji.ttf to anythign you'd like(lika a backup of it)
3. rename AndroidEmoji.ttf to NotoColorEmoji.tff
4. reboot

That SHOULD do the trick. I'm more used to changing the emoji to apple's Emoji to match them with Whatsapp.
19th June 2014, 08:34 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guetzli32

THis only works if you are rooted, as I stated before.

I'm pretty sure you have to this:
With root access,

1. go to /system/fonts
2. rename NotoColorEmoji.ttf to anythign you'd like(lika a backup of it)
3. rename AndroidEmoji.ttf to NotoColorEmoji.tff
4. reboot

That SHOULD do the trick. I'm more used to changing the emoji to apple's Emoji to match them with Whatsapp.

How do I go about getting the apple Emojis?
19th June 2014, 08:44 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackguy101

How do I go about getting the apple Emojis?

Grab AppleColorEmoji.ttf and place it into /system/fonts/
Set /system/fonts/AppleColorEmoji.ttf to have permissions 644 (rw-r--r--) and owner:root group:root.
then do the process mentioned above, but use AppleColorEmoji instead of AndroidEmoji.

Also, right now there's no reason not to root, since towelroot doesn't trip the Knox Counter. That way, you keep your warranty and also have the benefits of a rooted phone. (Don't quote me on that, that's at least what I read )
Last edited by guetzli32; 19th June 2014 at 08:56 PM.
20th June 2014, 05:58 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guetzli32

Grab AppleColorEmoji.ttf and place it into /system/fonts/
Set /system/fonts/AppleColorEmoji.ttf to have permissions 644 (rw-r--r--) and owner:root group:root.
then do the process mentioned above, but use AppleColorEmoji instead of AndroidEmoji.

Also, right now there's no reason not to root, since towelroot doesn't trip the Knox Counter. That way, you keep your warranty and also have the benefits of a rooted phone. (Don't quote me on that, that's at least what I read )

Is it possible if you can link the apple color emoji file again because the link is dead :/
25th June 2014, 10:40 PM |#8  
paolobacci's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Niterói
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Renaming the Android didn't do the trick.
I got only a few emoticons to choose.
I just did the root with towel root but I tried before with cf auto root and I'm waiting for a solution to reset knoxx counter back to 0.
30th June 2014, 03:58 AM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
This didn't seem to work at all. Anyone else have an idea? Samsungs emoji's are terrible.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes