Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,054 Members 46,327 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Does Odin work through Bootcamp or Parallels on a Mac?

Tip us?

kcrudup
Old
Thanks Meter 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsd2000 View Post
VMware should do. It works very well on Linux.
That's what I use; until Ben Dobell can fix Heimdall for Linux for the P60X series I've just been booting into Win7 via VMWare from my Linux machine.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 3G (GT-N8000) on AT&T
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 LTE (SM-P607T) on AT&T (and T-Mo/VZW)
HTC First on Net10/AT&T
(Save your "Thanks"; couldn't care less)

JustARandomGuest
Old
(Last edited by JustARandomGuest; 30th June 2014 at 04:36 AM.) Reason: Having to wait 5 minutes to insert a missing comma has saddened me considerably... ;)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpl69 View Post
Macbook Pro 13.3 2012. Mavericks updated, parallels updated with latest version. Windows 8.1 work fine with odin, but i use mainly windows xp. both configure with usb 3.0 driver.
12GB ram, 512GB SSD samsung evo (this is just for show off not relevant to update our tablet) .
i used vmware sideways with parallels but find that parallels it's more faster, reliable and more crash proof.
after you connect the tablet to mac you get the option to connect to mac or virtual machine. afterwards you allways have the option to connect/disconect the usb periferic.
I'm on a late 2013 13.3 MBP. I think back when I was trying to debug the problem I'd read that USB 3.0 and how it's handled on the latest MB might have something to do with it, but I can't recall correctly. I should probably retry just for sh*ts and giggles; was always on the most recent Parallels, VMware, and VirtualBox. That said, I've found VMware in general to be more stable on my particular machine, and quicker to boot/suspend/unsuspend. It could very well just be my imagination or preference though, nosing its way in.

And talking about hardware is never showing off, as long as you're making good use of it. OS wars, however, is another story. :P