Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,727 Members 52,262 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Android 5.0 L?

Tip us?

RedRover8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Android 5.0 L?

What are the chances of getting Android 5.0 on this device? The developer preview is out in less than 24 hours. Are our specs too old/low? If yes, then any idea how long it will take before some ROMs will start to pop up? (I'm new to smartphones in general.)

_RockNRoller
Old
(Last edited by _RockNRoller; 26th June 2014 at 01:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRover8 View Post
What are the chances of getting Android 5.0 on this device? The developer preview is out in less than 24 hours. Are our specs too old/low? If yes, then any idea how long it will take before some ROMs will start to pop up? (I'm new to smartphones in general.)
the developer preview of the Android 5.0 L will be aviable just for the Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 (2013).. for now, im sure someone will realese a port for others devices but for the epic touch it will take a while besides being unlikely an official 5.0 firmware for the ET 4G..

and for the custom ROMs developers they will start to rolling out some features to their ROMs a little after a stable release of the 5.0.. this will be like a beta release so.. we just have to wait.

Stryke_the_Orc
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 6,964
The device itself has reached EOL, that said its unlikely that the hardware would even support most of the features implemented in newer builds. Ports of the theme and some features may be possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath.