Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Samsung Gear Live screen protector

OP jockarlos

30th June 2014, 07:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I just find a screen protector for my pre-order gearlive, I want to have the protector before my device arrives but this one is available for shipping a day after the watch will ship. Probably it will arrive sunner, the protector. Maybe there is another screen protector for the gearlive available right now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	2824941  
2nd July 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #2  
Flag Philadelphia, Pa
Thanks Meter: 12

96 posts
More
Just buy ANY screen protector and cut your own! Xtremeguard should get you one big enough to cut 2-3 tries (get the Note protector)

1) Get the cheapest one possible from XtremeGuard: http://slickdeals.net/f/7032118-xtre...-free-shipping
2) Trace face of watch into paper
3) Transfer template from paper onto screen protector
4) Cut out
5) Install

6) Repeat if you mis-cut or mis-measured
2nd July 2014, 09:28 PM   |  #3  
New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 1

147 posts
More
Is this likely to be a concern? Is there something different about the glass on these watches than regular watches? I've always worn a watch, and while I bump it from time to time against something, I've never had a big scratch....
3rd July 2014, 05:01 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 7

49 posts
Screen protector for Gear Live
Im a fan of Skinomi screen protector, got one here http://www.smartwatchappcenter.com/b...ctorguard.html they have a durable screen guard and doesn't yellow I bought mine from Amazon
8th July 2014, 03:19 PM   |  #5  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 13

73 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetoad

Is this likely to be a concern? Is there something different about the glass on these watches than regular watches? I've always worn a watch, and while I bump it from time to time against something, I've never had a big scratch....

I'm with you. Aside from an occasional bump I've never seen anything happen to any of my watches. I can't imagine it would be different for the Live. People can't look at this device like they would a phone. It shouldn't be falling and subjecting to the same things your phone would be. Rather it wouldn't be as likely to be subjected to the same amount of potential torture.
11th July 2014, 01:52 PM   |  #6  
Flag Memphis, TN
Thanks Meter: 7

69 posts
More
I can't tell you I have had all of the gets and never put a screen protector on any of them and none of them have had a single scratch on the screen. This is with normal daily wear and bumping then into other objects.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
16th July 2014, 01:09 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 37

134 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconPeon

I can't tell you I have had all of the gets and never put a screen protector on any of them and none of them have had a single scratch on the screen. This is with normal daily wear and bumping then into other objects.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

I scratched my Pebble a couple of times, but it's plastic. It never took any impact damage, and all of its scratches were from situations in which I was stupid to not remove it, like car work.
27th July 2014, 07:01 PM   |  #8  
Flag Compiegne
Thanks Meter: 6

48 posts
More
I bought gear 2 screen protector from Amazon for my live (adfolix) . After 2 days I got a pretty bad scratch on it so I had to change it as I only seen the scratch when looking at watch hoping the second will last longer...
18th August 2014, 10:24 PM   |  #9  
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 112

402 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've been using this full body protector and it fits perfect. It's from iq shield.

19th August 2014, 04:46 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 103

802 posts
More
I have that one also and it works great.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread