Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Deleted

[Q] Phone Thinks I Am Roaming

OP SuperGrant

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
30th June 2014, 07:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Hello,

I bought my HTC Sensation about a year ago on Ebay. The seller claimed the phone was purchased outright and paid off. I checked the imei and it showed clean. When I got it, I popped my Airfire sim card into it and it worked fine. A month ago, I switched to Cricket as Airfire was going out of business. Cricket made me enter my imei. It said it was bad. I called T-Mobile and they said the seller defaulted on payments. They refused to help in any way. They told me to buy the phone direct from them next time. I told them I had proof I was buying it in good faith. They didn't care and apparently have no problem punishing the victim.

Anyways, when I got my Cricket sim and popped it in, my phone said I was roaming. It has said I was roaming for a full month now. I can send and receive calls, but my data is stuck at EDGE and some of the programs don't work since the phone thinks its roaming. I need to have "data roaming" enabled for data to work. Cricket ran some tests and eventually said I needed to do a factory reset.

So, I switched from the Android Revolution rom to the ViperS 5.2.1 rom. I did a full dalvik and cache wipe and reformatted everything but the sd card. I installed the new rom and kernal. Same thing. Phone still says I am roaming. Odd thing is, when I go to manually select carrier, my options are Cricket (current carrier), Airfire (previous carrier) and TMobile (stock carrier). Also, when I am using data, it has an "E" above the data. E is what Airfire used. Is there somehow somewhere a place that the phone is storing info through wipes?

I am s-off, rooted and debranded. I sim unlocked the phone myself. I am so stuck and think that only one of the geniuses on XDA are my only hope. I have went mental spending hours and hours on this. Some XDA peeps are smarted than HTC and Cricket combined, so please help me out here.

Thanks,
Grant
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread