Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,556 Members 42,747 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ADB drivers not working

Tip us?

peterk-1
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Just in case this helps. In usbdeview I have 5 nexus 10 entries. They all have the vendor id of Google 18d1 and a unique Product ID . Which driver connects is related to the device settings:
PID Device settings
4ee1 MTP
4ee2 MTP + USB debugging
4ee5 PTP
4ee6 PTP + USB debugging
d002 USB debugging

With the device connected I can change settings and see the change in connected driver in USBDeview.
The Following User Says Thank You to peterk-1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ghosta12
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterk-1 View Post
Just in case this helps. In usbdeview I have 5 nexus 10 entries. They all have the vendor id of Google 18d1 and a unique Product ID . Which driver connects is related to the device settings:
PID Device settings
4ee1 MTP
4ee2 MTP + USB debugging
4ee5 PTP
4ee6 PTP + USB debugging
d002 USB debugging

With the device connected I can change settings and see the change in connected driver in USBDeview.
This info does provide me with some way forward. With USB , when connected ptp I have a nexus 10 USB composite device and a nexus 10 digital still camera connected with the green light in USB deview, and also a blank device name, connected, description android composite device with a purple light. I'm guessing purple means not working. But changing drivers does nothing to change the purple light. Switching to mpt gives an additional blank name Google nexus adb interface also with purple light shown as connected. All connected devices show vendor 18d1. Drivers tried 1) clockworkmod (supplied with skipsoft); 2) naked drivers 3) Google drivers. Any clues what to try next?

peterk-1
Old
Thanks Meter 42
2 things to check. I just tried running usbdeview from Wug's toolkit. It was v2.0 and wasn't the same as the version I have installed v2.3 - and there have been a significant number of changes. If you have XP pro x64 then you must use the x64 version of usbdeview - again I think Wug's may only ship with 32 bit usbdeview http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html You will also find an explanation of the coloured radio buttons.

If you find you need to update usbdeview then I would suggest you uninstall the device drivers (instructions in Wug's toolkit?) then new drivers from http://developer.android.com/sdk/win-usb.html#top and follow the linked install instructions.

ghosta12
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterk-1 View Post
2 things to check. I just tried running usbdeview from Wug's toolkit. It was v2.0 and wasn't the same as the version I have installed v2.3 - and there have been a significant number of changes. If you have XP pro x64 then you must use the x64 version of usbdeview - again I think Wug's may only ship with 32 bit usbdeview http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html You will also find an explanation of the coloured radio buttons.

If you find you need to update usbdeview then I would suggest you uninstall the device drivers (instructions in Wug's toolkit?) then new drivers from http://developer.android.com/sdk/win-usb.html#top and follow the linked install instructions.
I gave up completely on this, and connect via wifi using ES file explorer. I bought my wife a new tablet an Acer Aconia A1-830 and it has the same problems, impossible to connect via ADB, with exactly the same symptoms. Yet our phones connect via ADB without a problem, but both are Androild 4.1 or earlier and the tablets 4.2 or younger. Obviously an Android generated problem that arose when 4.2 was released and on which has no fix.