Root GT-N7100<4.4.2> without tripping KNOX

Search This thread

squall0833

Apr 7, 2012
No problem.

factory reset, no problem. Install SuperSu (convert) to system app before you do a reset to keep your supersu version.

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Mega upload failed (as usual) :(

Im testing google drive..

Thanks,

and Google Drive is good too :)

Edit: Downloading :D Thank you very much!

Last edited:

lordk1

Dec 16, 2008
one question...
i'm on stock rom 4.3 MK9 (rooted with knox 0x0)
i want to upgrade to stock (rooted)FND3 or eventually FNE1... with knox 0x0
can i flash FND3 directly from my device via Mobile Odin with everroot active (without flash MK4 kernel etc etc)
or i must downgrade the kernel to mk4...

in short words, if i flash ND3 on rooted MK9 bootloader with mobile odin pro.... should be safe for knox?? (0x0)

Last edited:

squall0833

Apr 7, 2012
Update:

Alright, that's what I did

load AP file to AP tab in Odin, flashed, the log shows success and no fails

phone auto rebooted, shows text Samsung GT-N7100, Samsung music and animation, and it seems is now boot loop at Samsung logo animation, leaving phone there for about 5min now it's still booting :p

should I wait longer? what should I do next?

btw if I go download mode again, knox isn't tripped and still official status

Update 2:

Ok, now my phone is booted, have to do a factory reset to get it work :p

im now on 4.3 MK4 :D

Update 3:

Got my phone rooted successfully, double checked knox status is still 0 and official, now flashing back to official 4.4.2 FND4, hopefully knox isn't tripping

Last edited:

sukhwinder89

Mar 27, 2013
Yup u can do .....and try safe root method

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

And after rooting dont mess up with system partition as it wont alow u to do ota upadates

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

@smeet is there any way to put clock in centre ...........? Or just I hv to do gravity box to do so

squall0833

Apr 7, 2012
Hi,

May I know before flashing back to 4.4.2 with Mobile Odin

under everoot options

what should I tick?

by default it ticked:

- everoot
- inject SuperSU
- inject Mobile Odin

Unfortunately, after Mobile Odin flashed back FND4 4.4.2 rom, root access is lost and knox is tripped with official status.

I guess flashing FND4 with Mobile Odin will tripped knox, so now, it's time for me to say goodbye to Knox Apps, :p

Please take note, so let more ppl know Do Not flash FND4 build with Mobile Odin, maybe flash FND3 will do.

Last edited:
Reactions: smeet.somaiya

squall0833

Apr 7, 2012
@squal u mean to say .......now ur knox is tripped ?

Yes, and it's cool :p it means I can now officially say bye to knox and go fully customize my phone

knox not useful for me anyway, warranty has ended long time ago

Just take note that flashing back to 4.4.2 FND4 or newer version with Mobile Odin WILL TRIP Knox,

anyone who wants Knox stays 0 and root should have stay 4.3 or only flash back to 4.4.2 FND3 or older only

OP's theory still work just fine, only not to flash back FND4 or newer rom after root.

Allow me to tell what I did:

- On official FND4 4.4.2, Knox 0
- With Odin, Downgrade to 4.3 MK4, Knox remain 0
- Rooted with saferoot, successfully, Knox still remain 0
- Flashing back 4.4.2 FND4 with Mobile Odin with Everoot option.
- Back to Official FND4 4.4.2 Rom, Knox tripped, 1, and root access lost.

I don't know the reason behind this,
maybe flash FND4 with Mobile Odin trips Knox?
maybe my existing Knox bootloader (FND4) is patched?

Last edited:

smeet.somaiya

Jan 24, 2014
Mumbai
Hi,

May I know before flashing back to 4.4.2 with Mobile Odin

under everoot options

what should I tick?

by default it ticked:

- everoot
- inject SuperSU
- inject Mobile Odin

Unfortunately, after Mobile Odin flashed back FND4 4.4.2 rom, root access is lost and knox is tripped with official status.

I guess flashing FND4 with Mobile Odin will tripped knox, so now, it's time for me to say goodbye to Knox Apps, :p

Please take note, so let more ppl know Do Not flash FND4 build with Mobile Odin, maybe flash FND3 will do.
Okay so I will link up our post in OP so that people can know. And did u check everroot option?
Also I suggest factory reset ur phone before flashing mk4 and not after rooting mk4. Just a safety measure.

squall0833

Apr 7, 2012
Okay so I will link up our post in OP so that people can know. And did u check everroot option?
Also I suggest factory reset ur phone before flashing mk4 and not after rooting mk4. Just a safety measure.

yeah, your method, everything was working just fine

only flashing back FND4 trips the knox :)

I can confirm this, I check knox status every time I did something

and yes, Everoot options was ticked

squall0833

Apr 7, 2012
Okay so there is that issue with ND4.

I think samsung read this post and patched it in the newer firmwares����

lol

btw, somemore question,
since my knox is tripped, can I now use any kind of custom rom, recovery,etc?

What do I need to backup for safety measure before doing all that? back up EFS and ?

anything I should know ?

Last edited:

lordk1

Dec 16, 2008
one question...
i'm on stock rom 4.3 MK9 (rooted with knox 0x0)
i want to upgrade to stock (rooted)FND3 or eventually FNE1... with knox 0x0
can i flash FND3 directly from my device via Mobile Odin with everroot active (without flash MK4 kernel etc etc)
or i must downgrade the kernel to mk4...

in short words, if i flash ND3 on rooted MK9 bootloader with mobile odin pro.... should be safe for knox?? (0x0)

anyone can reply???
from MK9 to FND3 directly or i need to upgrade first to FND3 then downgrade to mk4 then FND3 again...

for everyone on FND4 new loader detect the root on boot then trip knox to 0x1...
can anyone confirm FNE1 is free from being knoxed???
thanks

squall0833

Apr 7, 2012
anyone can reply???
from MK9 to FND3 directly or i need to upgrade first to FND3 then downgrade to mk4 then FND3 again...

for everyone on FND4 new loader detect the root on boot then trip knox to 0x1...
can anyone confirm FNE1 is free from being knoxed???
thanks

if FND4 did trip knox

I believe newer versions does, including FNE1, well it only trips if u try to flash back from 4.3 MK4 rooted with mobile odin

leonalewis

May 2, 2010
Wales
With the above ROOT method I can go back to Official(un-root) whenever needed and would keep the warranty?

How to go back to Un-root state?

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

Will this work on ND3 Bootloader?

smeet.somaiya

Jan 24, 2014
Mumbai
With the above ROOT method I can go back to Official(un-root) whenever needed and would keep the warranty?

How to go back to Un-root state?

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

Will this work on ND3 Bootloader?
Well if you want warranty stay away from this becuase flashing back the stock firmware via mobile odin is tripping knox :( At least on ND4 and NE1

CrazyDude009

Jun 29, 2014
Bangalore
Well if you want warranty stay away from this becuase flashing back the stock firmware via mobile odin is tripping knox :( At least on ND4 and NE1

Hey Smeet,
Sorry I am a noob with rooting and flashing custom firmwares. The farthest I have gone is to download the leaked firmware from sammobile and install it via odin on pc. So please bear with me for dumb questions if any.

I did go through the entire 10 pages of this thread and would like to confirm a few things regarding your instructions:

8. Now if saferoot was able to root your device then you must be rooted without tripping Knox.

9. Now you can easily flash your official firmware through mobile odin. Select Everroot option on Mobile odin while flashing the new firmware. In this way you wont lose root access.

1. Is the flashing of official firmware possible only via mobile odin and not via PC Odin? Is this because of the availability of everroot option? Also when you say official firmware, could I use the same firmware I downloaded from sammobile (Kitkat 4.4.2)?

2. My note 2 is more than a year old, so warranty is not of concern for me. With that in mind, what exactly does tripping the knox counter do for me? Will I still be able to install future updates from Samsung if at all they are generous to provide Android L? All I need now is basically root access to allow some apps to write to external SD card, so I wont most likely be loading any custom firmware in the near future. I understand that I wont get OTA updates, but could I install official firmware from other sources if the Knox counter changes to 1? I maybe one of the few but I kinda like the official firmware :silly:

Sorry if I made u read too much. Appreciate your expert advise.

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
Hey Smeet,
Sorry I am a noob with rooting and flashing custom firmwares. The farthest I have gone is to download the leaked firmware from sammobile and install it via odin on pc. So please bear with me for dumb questions if any.

I did go through the entire 10 pages of this thread and would like to confirm a few things regarding your instructions:

1. Is the flashing of official firmware possible only via mobile odin and not via PC Odin? Is this because of the availability of everroot option? Also when you say official firmware, could I use the same firmware I downloaded from sammobile (Kitkat 4.4.2)?

2. My note 2 is more than a year old, so warranty is not of concern for me. With that in mind, what exactly does tripping the knox counter do for me? Will I still be able to install future updates from Samsung if at all they are generous to provide Android L? All I need now is basically root access to allow some apps to write to external SD card, so I wont most likely be loading any custom firmware in the near future. I understand that I wont get OTA updates, but could I install official firmware from other sources if the Knox counter changes to 1? I maybe one of the few but I kinda like the official firmware :silly:

Sorry if I made u read too much. Appreciate your expert advise.

1) Flashing official firmware via mobile odin doesn't flash the "bootloader",when you flash official firmware via pc odin bootloader gets flashed.Yes you can use the same firmware downloaded via sammobile.The link that smeet put up in his first post is also good for people who want to extract separate files such as CP/CSC and bootloader compared to sammobile it's only one file that we need to flash .

2) Tripping Knox basically makes going back to 4.1.2 impossible,so you got to stay on 4.3 and higher ROMS (4.2.2 color OS works though).Yes you can flash any stock firmware via odin in the future that Samsung releases.So if we do get Android L you can flash the stock release even in Knox is triggered.So here is what you should do since you dont care for custom roms for now.Flash official 4.4.2 via mobile odin/pc odin and just root your phone via smeet's method.Just make sure your current bootloader is MJ5 and higher to have working wifi.To check the current bootloader in your phone download phone info app for samsung on playstore.

Good luck.

Reactions: CrazyDude009

smeet.somaiya

Jan 24, 2014
Mumbai
1) Flashing official firmware via mobile odin doesn't flash the "bootloader",when you flash official firmware via pc odin bootloader gets flashed.Yes you can use the same firmware downloaded via sammobile.The link that smeet put up in his first post is also good for people who want to extract separate files such as CP/CSC and bootloader compared to sammobile it's only one file that we need to flash .

2) Tripping Knox basically makes going back to 4.1.2 impossible,so you got to stay on 4.3 and higher ROMS (4.2.2 color OS works though).Yes you can flash any stock firmware via odin in the future that Samsung releases.So if we do get Android L you can flash the stock release even in Knox is triggered.So here is what you should do since you dont care for custom roms for now.Flash official 4.4.2 via mobile odin/pc odin and just root your phone via smeet's method.Just make sure your current bootloader is MJ5 and higher to have working wifi.To check the current bootloader in your phone download phone info app for samsung on playstore.

Good luck.
Tripping knox makes going back to 4.1.2 impossible? Didn't know that pratik :p

CrazyDude009

Jun 29, 2014
Bangalore

Good luck.

Thanks for jumping on this Pratik, Appreciate the detailed info.

I currently have the 4.4.2 official firmware installed, bootloader says N7100XXUFND3, so I assume this is good to go. Just need some clarification when you said

So here is what you should do since you dont care for custom roms for now.Flash official 4.4.2 via mobile odin/pc odin and just root your phone via smeet's method.

Should I follow all instructions 1 to 9 given by Smeet at the start of this thread? Or should just start from 7, which points to a post by k1mu?

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

I didn't know that either :|

Doesn't really bother me as I have no thoughts of downgrading :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi XDA people,

Just found this workaround for rooting latest 4.4.2 stock firmware without tripping Knox.
    This method downgrades the firmware(System & Kernel) on your device to N7100XXUEMK4 except for the bootloader.

Dont even try to downgrade the bootloader as this isn't possible.

What you need:

1.Odin v3.09

2.Stock official N7100XXUFND3 firmware on your device.

3. A device with Knox Warranty Void: 0

Procedure:

1.Download N7100XXUEMK4 Stock Rom from HERE

2. Open the downloaded file.You will find 4 .tar.md5 files and an Odinv3.09 zip file inside.

3. Extract the Odin file and setup Odin on your PC.

4. Next extract the file named AP_N7100XXUEMK4_2099172_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5

5. Load this file into AP tab on Odin. Connect your phone in Odin mode and flash this file.

( Note : You have to flash only the AP file from Odin. Do not flash the other files namely CP, CSC, BL)

6. Now once the phone has rebooted go back to download mode and check if Knox has tripped or not.

7. Next use Saferoot from HERE to root your device.
    (You would find the guide on how to root using saferoot easily over HERE

8. Now if saferoot was able to root your device then you must be rooted without tripping Knox. :) :good:

9. Now you can easily flash your official firmware through mobile odin. Select Everroot option on Mobile odin while flashing the new firmware. In this way you wont lose root access.

Known Issues:

If after rooting you want to flash custom recovery via mobile odin, or via DR.Ketan's utilities app please note that it will trip knox.
    Knox remains cool until your recovery is stock. The moment a custom recovery is detected knox goes 1.

Credits:
    @k1mu for saferoot :)
    I want to use this to root my Note2 but seems like N7100XXUEMK4 is removed. Does anyone has a mirror?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByGZ52Krjat1ZlFFZ19fc1hDSmM/edit?usp=sharing
    Thank you very much, that really helps,

size is not a problem as long as I can download it at high speed :)

now I have a question, will I lost my root by doing factory reset? I think SuperSu will be gone by doing that

No problem.

factory reset, no problem. Install SuperSu (convert) to system app before you do a reset to keep your supersu version.

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Mega upload failed (as usual) :(

Im testing google drive.. (917mb)

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByGZ52Krjat1ZlFFZ19fc1hDSmM/edit?usp=sharing
    @robalm @singhpratik87 @KNIGHT97

OP updated. Tested this method myself yesterday and it's working like a charm :)
    No issues in downgrading whatsoever.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Cant you just do this?

Use Mj5 bootloader and any rom 4.x
    Flash Kitkat 4.4.2 via mobilOdin and root.
    Make sure status is ok (use triangle away if not)
    Flash latest 4.4.2 bootloader via Odin (pcOdin)

Surely it can be done that way.
    This is for those who already upgraded to the newer builds.

Edit: FYI Triangle Away cannot reset Knox.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 GT-N7100