Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

RK3066 (MK802 III) Flashtool and Android 4.4.2

OP mistersixt

26th May 2014, 08:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
140 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Recently I found this interesting Tool ... and I successfully flashed "Allminipc_ug802_RT8188_4.4_720p.img" (Kitkat version) on my MK802 III using Debian Linux 7.5!

Regards, mistersixt.
The Following User Says Thank You to mistersixt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th May 2014, 10:52 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
140 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
In case someone is interested: I successfully installed the rk3066 drivers for WinXP using Moborobo, rooted the device with the kingo root tool, and I was able to installed the xposed framework 2.6, too, including XPrivacy, root cloak etc.

So I have a fully 4.4.2 running MK802 III with root access and Xposed framework!

Regards, mistersixt.
The Following User Says Thank You to mistersixt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2014, 01:16 PM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
78 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistersixt

Recently I found this interesting Tool ... and I successfully flashed "Allminipc_ug802_RT8188_4.4_720p.img" (Kitkat version) on my MK802 III using Debian Linux 7.5!

Regards, mistersixt.


Very interesting..Any chance you could share the firmware image file and also let us know how has it been so far...is it fast enough and does the Wifi and Camera (UVC drivers compatible) work w/ this ?

Also could you confirm if this is for MK802III and not MK802IIIS...

Cheers
3rd June 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
140 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus975

Very interesting..Any chance you could share the firmware image file and also let us know how has it been so far...is it fast enough and does the Wifi and Camera (UVC drivers compatible) work w/ this ?

Also could you confirm if this is for MK802III and not MK802IIIS...

Cheers


It is the MK802III, and the stick is running fast and stable. Wifi is as bad as with 4.1 ... but I think this is a general (or hardware related) issue, I am using it with a USB to LAN adapter anyway.

Concerning the camera I have no idea.

Regards, mistersixt.
3rd June 2014, 03:19 PM   |  #5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
78 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistersixt

It is the MK802III, and the stick is running fast and stable. Wifi is as bad as with 4.1 ... but I think this is a general (or hardware related) issue, I am using it with a USB to LAN adapter anyway.

Concerning the camera I have no idea.

Regards, mistersixt.

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I've just installed this firmware on my MK802III and it seems no audio video app is working properly. Youtube does not show any video or sound. Neither can I play youtube in the browser.

No streaming media player works either. Only the local media files are playing properly.

The playstore seems to take ages to install apps because of speed, however when I check the internet speed using speed testing app it gives a good enough speed of 7Mbps.

Also i've noticed that there the wifi network connections are getting dropped abruptly. The wifi connection itself seems to be OK but connection from apps such as Airdroid drop out and upload from my local machine via Airdroid takes ages w/ speeds in Kbps.

Can this be fixed please.

Thanks,
OP
5th June 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
78 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus975

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I've just installed this firmware on my MK802III and it seems no audio video app is working properly. Youtube does not show any video or sound. Neither can I play youtube in the browser.

No streaming media player works either. Only the local media files are playing properly.

The playstore seems to take ages to install apps because of speed, however when I check the internet speed using speed testing app it gives a good enough speed of 7Mbps.

Also i've noticed that there the wifi network connections are getting dropped abruptly. The wifi connection itself seems to be OK but connection from apps such as Airdroid drop out and upload from my local machine via Airdroid takes ages w/ speeds in Kbps.

Can this be fixed please.

Thanks,
OP

bumping this up..!
30th June 2014, 09:45 AM   |  #7  
WildeRNS's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Drohobych
Thanks Meter: 28
 
134 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
More
Thumbs up
can confirm, that works great on Measy U2A.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes