Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,846 Members 51,453 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't update Verizon HTC one m8 from China! Current update: 1.12.605

Tip us?
 
blacksb5
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jun 2014
Question Can't update Verizon HTC one m8 from China! Current update: 1.12.605

I don't live in the U.S and I got a Verizon 32 Gb HTC one M8. I live in China. ( I am not Chinese though)

Whenever I try to update, or check for updates, I get the "check now" disabled with a message saying "software update only work in CDMA mode". And because of this problem, I bought a CDMA SIM card. Now, I see the "Check now" is activated, but whenever I check for updates, it only pops up a checking now screen, and then disappears with nothing. Just nothing. Period.

Please help me update my phone! I'm currently on 1.12.605.11 update, and I extremely need the "Extreme power saving mode" which is lacking right now.

Should I root? Unlock? or what?

Thanks in Advance!
 
AceOfAndroid
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Atlanta

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksb5 View Post
I don't live in the U.S and I got a Verizon 32 Gb HTC one M8. I live in China. ( I am not Chinese though)

Whenever I try to update, or check for updates, I get the "check now" disabled with a message saying "software update only work in CDMA mode". And because of this problem, I bought a CDMA SIM card. Now, I see the "Check now" is activated, but whenever I check for updates, it only pops up a checking now screen, and then disappears with nothing. Just nothing. Period.

Please help me update my phone! I'm currently on 1.12.605.11 update, and I extremely need the "Extreme power saving mode" which is lacking right now.

Should I root? Unlock? or what?

Thanks in Advance!
Don't Question me on this but, OTA updates from Verizon are pushed from the carrier. If you aren't on the carrier, you won't receive them.
Again, I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure I am right.

If you really need Extreme Power Saver mode, I would Root, Unlock, (try for S-Off), and flash a rom that is compatible with your One M8 that has what you are looking for.
 
Android The Greek
Old
#3  
Android The Greek's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 334
Posts: 1,237
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pottstown
You can flash an ruu for Verizon if available and if updated. Other than that you may be able to sideload an update from sd if some post it I the Verizon forum

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
Tower1972
Old
(Last edited by Tower1972; 1st July 2014 at 12:56 AM.)
#4  
Tower1972's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 159
Posts: 790
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Somewhere in Wisconsin
I thought CDMA was more of a technology used here in the US and a small handful of other places, everyone else is GSM. If you need to be on a CDMA network, you might be out of luck unless you find the OTA here somewhere
AT&T HTC One M8 ex-Harmon Kardon edition!
ARHD 9.1 Android 4.4.3!
Rooted, bootloader unlocked, SuperCID
TWRP 2.7.1.0
I also like walks on the beach..candlelit dinners, and watching good movies!

Every once in awhile I manage to spew forth a nugget of truth, so hitting the thanks tab is much appreciated!
 
blacksb5
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceOfAndroid View Post
Don't Question me on this but, OTA updates from Verizon are pushed from the carrier. If you aren't on the carrier, you won't receive them.
Again, I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure I am right.

If you really need Extreme Power Saver mode, I would Root, Unlock, (try for S-Off), and flash a rom that is compatible with your One M8 that has what you are looking for.
Thanks, but I am quite new to this Rooting and ROM and everything else! But I really love the HTCs ROM and I am not thinking about changing it!
 
blacksb5
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceOfAndroid View Post
Don't Question me on this but, OTA updates from Verizon are pushed from the carrier. If you aren't on the carrier, you won't receive them.
Again, I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure I am right.

If you really need Extreme Power Saver mode, I would Root, Unlock, (try for S-Off), and flash a rom that is compatible with your One M8 that has what you are looking for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android The Greek View Post
You can flash an ruu for Verizon if available and if updated. Other than that you may be able to sideload an update from sd if some post it I the Verizon forum

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I am currently on the update 1.12.605. And the newest version for Verizon HTC is 1.55.605. I know it's not a big update to go for, but still it counts. My only purpose is knowing how to UPDATE the phone, rather than getting the update. HTC one m8 will soon have the Andriod L, so i wanted to know the process.

Besides, If I can get a Verizon SIM using roaming here in China, could I be able to update my phone?
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...