Ask a question

No registration required

Stuck in recovery!

OP Anggrian

22nd June 2014, 10:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
Hi I just have my TF700T for almost a week and I have been flashing 2 ROMs ever since. It was stock OS from Asus when I bought it. Overnight I flashed it to CM11 using CWM. Realizing how bad the performance were, I flashed to CROMi-X the next day using TWRP. Though the performance was improved, it is still sluggish on many levels so I decided to flash it back to stock OS from Asus.

I pushed the zip via adb push, when I try to install it from TWRP 2.7.1.1, it says "E: Unable to mount '/data'".
Then I go on and try to wipe data, the error remains plus another error: "E: Unable to mount internal storage.

I began to panicked, maybe I'm not all too familiar with TWRP, so I switch back to CWM 6.0.4.7. Trying to flash the OS, but the error more or less is the same: "can't mount sdcard".

I'm really clueless and in desperate need of help be sure to let me know if you guys know how to fix it. Thanks!
24th June 2014, 04:23 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 605

1,501 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anggrian

Hi I just have my TF700T for almost a week and I have been flashing 2 ROMs ever since. It was stock OS from Asus when I bought it. Overnight I flashed it to CM11 using CWM. Realizing how bad the performance were, I flashed to CROMi-X the next day using TWRP. Though the performance was improved, it is still sluggish on many levels so I decided to flash it back to stock OS from Asus.

I pushed the zip via adb push, when I try to install it from TWRP 2.7.1.1, it says "E: Unable to mount '/data'".
Then I go on and try to wipe data, the error remains plus another error: "E: Unable to mount internal storage.

I began to panicked, maybe I'm not all too familiar with TWRP, so I switch back to CWM 6.0.4.7. Trying to flash the OS, but the error more or less is the same: "can't mount sdcard".

I'm really clueless and in desperate need of help be sure to let me know if you guys know how to fix it. Thanks!

You are not the first user running into this issue... Did you find a solution to your problem? Let me know if you are still stuck, good luck..
30th June 2014, 09:58 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetMeKnow

You are not the first user running into this issue... Did you find a solution to your problem? Let me know if you are still stuck, good luck..

I finally did solve the problem thanks for asking

What I did was formatting and changing the type of "data" into FAT in TWRP (by default it the type was ext4). Then rechanged it again to ext4. Simple as that, hope it help others!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Anggrian For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread