Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] can't unlock bootloader

OP doss2007

28th June 2014, 03:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
The bootloader is currently lock. everything is stock, i never root it.
whenever i try "fastboot oem unlock" and select yes on the nexus, it frooze on this "unlock bootloader ?" screen. and on the terminal it say "erasing userdata". the first time i tried i let it like that for a good hour before force shutting off, and i tri again, froze every time.
I can acces to my stock recovery but i have an error "e failed to mount /cache (invalid argument)",
meanwhile, i can't boot

any idea to fix this ?
28th June 2014, 04:52 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,288

3,197 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doss2007

The bootloader is currently lock. everything is stock, i never root it.
whenever i try "fastboot oem unlock" and select yes on the nexus, it frooze on this "unlock bootloader ?" screen. and on the terminal it say "erasing userdata". the first time i tried i let it like that for a good hour before force shutting off, and i tri again, froze every time.
I can acces to my stock recovery but i have an error "e failed to mount /cache (invalid argument)",
meanwhile, i can't boot

any idea to fix this ?

I've seen posts like this here and in other forums gleaned from fairly extensive searching. Nobody has an answer. I think it's a hardware problem, to be honest. The N7 2013 is plagued with them, it seems.

Can you still boot into Android? You could try to root via towelroot. From there, you could flash TWRP, or maybe unlock the bootloader with that app from the play store.

I would send it back to Google, if possible.
Last edited by Aerowinder; 28th June 2014 at 04:54 PM.
28th June 2014, 08:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder

I would send it back to Google, if possible.

unfortunately i can't boot so i will try sending it back
Last edited by doss2007; 28th June 2014 at 09:02 PM.
29th June 2014, 09:06 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 205

689 posts
You can download the latest Google nexus image for your model tablet onto your pc.

Boot tablet into fastboot mode.

On the pc run the bat file to install the binaries, and after a few minutes the tablet will have latest factory bootloader, lte modem firmware, recovery, kitkat, and the tablet will have undergone a factory data reset.
Last edited by HowardZ; 29th June 2014 at 09:08 PM.
30th June 2014, 10:34 AM   |  #5  
Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 170

436 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardZ

You can download the latest Google nexus image for your model tablet onto your pc.

Boot tablet into fastboot mode.

On the pc run the bat file to install the binaries, and after a few minutes the tablet will have latest factory bootloader, lte modem firmware, recovery, kitkat, and the tablet will have undergone a factory data reset.

The OP states that he was unable to unlock the bootloader. I was unaware that you could "fastboot" flash any kind of image without an unlocked bootloader! ; )
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread