Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,052 Members 44,534 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Buyers Remorse

Tip us?

rakeshishere
Old
(Last edited by rakeshishere; 1st July 2014 at 08:45 AM.) Reason: Thread Title updated
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,022
Default Buyers Remorse

After using a lot of Samsung phones, this model has really let me down and I'm thinking to sell this phone and move on as I'm really not happy about it due to below shortcomings.

- Display Profiles/Preset(Dynamic/Standard etc) - This obvious option is missing and my eyes is unable to getting used to stock setting and screen is something which I look all the time I really miss this option

- Spen Keeper - Too bad I use Spen

- Macro Focus in Camera - And camera too

hakz
Old
Thanks Meter 9
If you're not satisfied with the phone, then sell it.
Display Profiles, I kinda miss it in my previous Note 2 and Note 3. I'm used to the Neo's profile though.
Regarding S-Pen Keeper, I really liked it too, but I hardly leave without the Pen even when I used the previous notes, and there's also a S-Pen icon notification on top.
About the macro, it's not built for total macro shots since it doesn't have a nice aperture, but it doesn't necessarily mean the overall camera performance is bad. Here's a few macros I took myself, it's not that bad, right?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140701_091734.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	2826354   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140701_092502.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	2826355  
LT15i - PG86100 - H120 - N7100 - N900S - E250S - C6806 - N7505 - D838
The Following User Says Thank You to hakz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

peRFect!
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakeshishere View Post
After using a lot of Samsung phones, this model has really let me down and I'm thinking to sell this phone and move on as I'm really not happy about it due to below shortcomings.

- Display Profiles/Preset(Dynamic/Standard etc) - This obvious option is missing and my eyes is unable to getting used to stock setting and screen is something which I look all the time I really miss this option

- Spen Keeper - Too bad I use Spen

- Macro Focus in Camera - And camera too
There is no point asking here buddy, if u don't like it then sell it and buy another one. Everyone has there own preferences so a phone can't cater to everyone's requirements.
btw which phone are you planning to buy?

PHONES-
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo (running Stock 4.3 rooted)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (running Spirit Rom)
TABLET-
Apple iPad Air (running iOS 7 with Jailbreak)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 3G (running Stock 4.1.2 rooted)

rakeshishere
Old
(Last edited by rakeshishere; 1st July 2014 at 08:47 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by peRFect! View Post
There is no point asking here buddy, if u don't like it then sell it and buy another one. Everyone has there own preferences so a phone can't cater to everyone's requirements.
btw which phone are you planning to buy?
It's just buyers remorse and not complaining that phone completely sucks . When I move from one gen device to next one , I expect Samsung to leave options intact . For someone newly coming it doesn't make any difference to them

May be I'll pick up a Note 3 or Note 4 [emoji16]

EDIT:
Updated thread Title to have a healthy conversation

peRFect!
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
It's just buyers remorse and not complaining that phone completely sucks . When I move from one gen device to next one , I expect Samsung to leave options intact . For someone newly coming it doesn't make any difference to them

May be I'll pick up a Note 3 or Note 4 [emoji16]

EDIT:
Updated thread Title to have a healthy conversation
I completely understand, didn't mean to sound harsh, afterall we've had so many healthy conversations!
I think the display profiles not being there is more of a skimped feature cos of being a Neo.
Note 4 will be out in October, so if u can wait then good, cos I know it'll be the best device.

PHONES-
TABLET-

rakeshishere
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,022
Quote:
I completely understand, didn't mean to sound harsh, afterall we've had so many healthy conversations!
I think the display profiles not being there is more of a skimped feature cos of being a Neo.
Note 4 will be out in October, so if u can wait then good, cos I know it'll be the best device.
Yeah , that's what I'm wondering if Samsung deliberately crippled down features just because it's Neo and even though it's not hardware dependent

peRFect!
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Yeah , that's what I'm wondering if Samsung deliberately crippled down features just because it's Neo and even though it's not hardware dependent
I never used it, always used adapt display (I like punchy colours), so not having issues. But if it's bothering u too much then u should switch to another phone. But I too am surprised that out of all features sammy decided to remove this one - incredible Samsung!

PHONES-
TABLET-

rakeshishere
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,022
Quote:
I never used it, always used adapt display (I like punchy colours), so not having issues. But if it's bothering u too much then u should switch to another phone. But I too am surprised that out of all features sammy decided to remove this one - incredible Samsung!
Lesson learnt . Never upgrade from a flagship phone to a Neo or mini variant [emoji24][emoji16]

peRFect!
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Lesson learnt . Never upgrade from a flagship phone to a Neo or mini variant [emoji24][emoji16]
Haha.. depends on how many bucks u can shed! :P

PHONES-
TABLET-
The Following User Says Thank You to peRFect! For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rakeshishere
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,022
Quote:
Haha.. depends on how many bucks u can shed! :P
The price gap is negligible in other countries but in India it's huge b/w flagship and Neo model .

Also insane price drop after buying the phone just makes you more disappointed