Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,324 Members 42,818 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

unlocked hox att update to4. 2.2

Tip us?

timmaaa
Old
(Last edited by timmaaa; 30th June 2014 at 02:00 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5287

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by prakhartkg View Post
but this will not written any where on htc website in user manual to uninstall sync manager.

If you are outside of AT&T/Wi-Fi coverage, or the update is not found, you may perform a manual system update. This process requires that you download and install HTC Sync Manager first in order to get the proper drivers. If you do not have HTC Sync Manager installed already, you may download the software from http://www.htc.com/www/software/htc-sync-manager/.
WARNING: Performing the system update manually will delete all information from the device. Ensure all information is backed up before proceeding. See the Help & How To section of this website for more information on backing up your device contents.
Performing the ROM Update:
1. Download and save the HTC One™ X for AT&T ROM update to your PC.
2. Connect your device to your PC via the supplied USB cable.
3. If the device is not recognized by the PC, ensure you have HTC Sync Manager installed and then disconnect and reconnect the device from the USB cable.
4. Once the device is properly recognized on the PC, locate the HTC One™ X for AT&T ROM Update that you downloaded. Double-click on the file to launch the system update wizard.
5. Follow all of the system update wizard instructions shown on your PC.
6. Once the update is complete, click Finish in the Wizard and the device will reboot.
7. Once the device reboots, the initial setup wizard will appear.
8. Once the initial setup process is complete, the device is ready for use.
Note: If the ROM update wizard fails to recognize the device, close the wizard and then follow the steps below:
· From a powered off state, hold VOLUME DOWN while powering on the device.
· Use the volume buttons to scroll to FASTBOOT and then press the POWER button to select it.
· Connect the device to the PC while in this state and attempt the ROM update again.
To exit FASTBOOT manually, use the volume keys to navigate to REBOOT and press the POWER button to select it.
Fine, leave HTC Sync Manager installed and see what happens. It's your phone, your risk. The fact is that Sync Manager can disrupt the fastboot connection to the device. If the RUU loses connection with the device during the RUU process it can brick the phone. Do you know what that means? It means your phone will be a paperweight. Why are you so concerned about uninstalling the program when you've been told you could brick your phone by leaving it installed?

I don't see why you came here asking for the advice of experts if you're just going to argue with the advice you're given. I'm probably more experienced with this device than the person that wrote those directions you posted, but don't listen to me if you don't want to, I don't care. Don't bother asking for any more advice if you are just going to ignore it though.

Sent from my Evita
HTC Evita | CandyKat | Torched KK
S-off | 2.18 | TWRP 2.7.1.0
Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!

prakhartkg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sory Dear I m not argueing with you.
Actually I don wana any failuer in updating
My phone.so I m eager to know about all the conserns
So don't leave me at this stage.

I am sory for my behivour

Plz tell me step by step procedur.
N if I uninstall the sync manager then how I came to know
The drivers are installed or my phone is connected proper or not?

Plz tell me about all the stuff

prakhartkg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa View Post
Fine, leave HTC Sync Manager installed and see what happens. It's your phone, your risk. The fact is that Sync Manager can disrupt the fastboot connection to the device. If the RUU loses connection with the device during the RUU process it can brick the phone. Do you know what that means? It means your phone will be a paperweight. Why are you so concerned about uninstalling the program when you've been told you could brick your phone by leaving it installed?

I don't see why you came here asking for the advice of experts if you're just going to argue with the advice you're given. I'm probably more experienced with this device than the person that wrote those directions you posted, but don't listen to me if you don't want to, I don't care. Don't bother asking for any more advice if you are just going to ignore it though.

Sent from my Evita
By the way that all stuff is written on htc website.
Don't know what to do plz give me suggedtion

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5287

DONATE TO ME
I already told you what you need to do in post #6, check that again and follow those directions, it's as simple as that. You'll know if the drivers are installed correctly when you initiate the RUU, if it doesn't connect properly you'll need to check your drivers.

Are you sure you want to stay with the stock at&t ROM though? I ask because you won't be able to use tethering on the device because at&t deliberately break that feature on their ROMs. If tethering isn't important to you, you needn't worry about it but I thought I better inform you of that.

Sent from my Evita

prakhartkg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I already told you what you need to do in post #6, check that again and follow those directions, it's as simple as that. You'll know if the drivers are installed correctly when you initiate the RUU, if it doesn't connect properly you'll need to check your drivers.

Are you sure you want to stay with the stock at&t ROM though? I ask because you won't be able to use tethering on the device because at&t deliberately break that feature on their ROMs. If tethering isn't important to you, you needn't worry about it but I thought I better inform you of that.

Sent from my Evita
I will stay on stock lill more. Yeah usb n hotspot teathering not working bt its ok with it I have foxfi n I be able to use. Via this.

Please tell me how to locate fastboot on pc.
Where I have to write on comandpromt.

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5287

DONATE TO ME
Did you download and install fastboot like I suggested earlier? It's in my first reply. Once you've installed it you should know where to find it.

Sent from my Evita

prakhartkg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Did you download and install fastboot like I suggested earlier? It's in my first reply. Once you've installed it you should know where to find it.

Sent from my Evita
No I did not download it.
I m doing these stuffs for the first time
Please guide me about fastboot
What it is.
How it works
How to install?

prakhartkg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
What it is.
How it works
How to install?
What if I skip these steps
Or using fastboot
Bcoz my cid is 11111111
Which Is required na.....
Can I directly or just by connecting my phone wid debugging mode on in developers option and just double click on ruu
And procede....

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5287

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
What it is.
How it works
How to install?
I already told you how to install it, I don't like having to repeat myself. You can find out what fastboot is by using Google. The first rule of XDA is to search before posting here, please do that.

Quote:
What if I skip these steps
Or using fastboot
Bcoz my cid is 11111111
Which Is required na.....
Can I directly or just by connecting my phone wid debugging mode on in developers option and just double click on ruu
And procede....
Yes, you can try that if you want to. If that doesn't work, put the phone into bootloader mode and start the program.

Sent from my Evita