Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more

XDA Partners with LG for Developer Challenge

Many Android enthusiasts know the name LG. LG is the maker of some Google Nexus devices and some … more

[Q] Used M7 has preload files missing (Sense 6 OTA problem)

29th May 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 2,969

5,984 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfpreach

it is not true that someone must have caused this issue unlocking.
I have the same problem and I'm the first owner and my unit is completely stock. Mine fails in settings.apk

interesting, but weird, I could understand the /data/preload apps but settings.apk is part of /system/app .... that should definitely not happen... and impossible to change without root / unsecured kernel / custom recovery.

maybe you should contact HTC and let them know

EDIT: maybe you should check the SHA-1 on /system/app/settings.apk and compare that to the updater-script
Last edited by nkk71; 29th May 2014 at 04:46 PM.
20th June 2014, 03:31 PM   |  #12  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 3

30 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi, I also have this issue. How about if we copy /data/preload from the OTA.zip itself (after downloading)? or from an older OTA.zip
I tried that, but on a certain app, it says unexpected content... (e.g: HTCSoundRecorder.apk). Does the OTA check the apk MD5 or something?
I really want the OTA, because I can't S-OFF right now (firewater whelp, cpu rev 003). HTC__622, x.708 rom.
29th June 2014, 03:09 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Unhappy same issue
i have exactly the same issue. mine was cid 332. latin american m7 htc one sense5.5 hboot 1.56
on update to sense 6 its stuck on 30 % with red triangle. once open their is message preload not found tunein.apk missing.

after 1.5 month the update available for my cid but cant install it. i unlock by htcdev but still s-on and not rooted. i reset factory setting from recovery \ bootloader \ phone and problem still the same.i dont want custom ROM

i check with local htc. they told me to check with america HTC help line as my phone is from american region. i dont know why i got latin american region phone in middle east. thanks to online store. HTC American region just waste my days and after all the serial and model detail they told me since you are in middle east visit their branch in Qatar. how i should visit qatar for fixing phone to get sense 6?

well check in dubai service center they told me that motherboard need to replace cost 40% of phone. since i unlock by htc itself i still need to pay for 3 month used device.

i am exhausted.
29th June 2014, 08:08 PM   |  #14  
Flag Halesowen
Thanks Meter: 343

1,162 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark0ne

Hi, I also have this issue. How about if we copy /data/preload from the OTA.zip itself (after downloading)? or from an older OTA.zip
I tried that, but on a certain app, it says unexpected content... (e.g: HTCSoundRecorder.apk). Does the OTA check the apk MD5 or something?
I really want the OTA, because I can't S-OFF right now (firewater whelp, cpu rev 003). HTC__622, x.708 rom.

This is actually the easiest way to do this, but you must get hold of the current software number OTA on your phone, not the one you are trying to install.

so if you currently have 4.22.401.11 for instance, you must grab this same OTA and pull data/preload and its contents, which is all of the missing apps etc, from that OTA, copy to your phone, CHANGE THE PERMISSIONS, restart your phone and re-run check for updates.

nb, you must also have stock recovery on your phone for OTA's to work.
30th June 2014, 11:12 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 1

49 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzumitaiga

Hi, I require assistance. bought this used unit of M7 (normal edition) a few months back. Totally new to the Android scene before then.

It came with 4.4.2 and Sense 5.5, I had assumed it was untampered with and is fully stock.

Software version is 4.20.707.6, Asia WWE. CL308312 release keys (whatever that means)

kernel 3.4.10-g499e571

So when I had tried to update it via OTA to HTC Sense 6 (file size 666.06MB, what the.. Satan?)

I'd go through it for the first 30% and then it'd be in a red triangle with exclamation mark, which then made me press the volume and power button and got this:

showing that soundhound_freemium is missing, uhh...

It would then boot back normally and go back to the normal Sense 5.5. But I do want the Sense 6 badly and get this issue solved.

I was pretty dumbfounded with this issue as I am new to Android and everyone else is receiving their updates smoothly.

Now I choose not to proceed without the advice of XDA forumers, I wish to ask of what is the next step for me? I came across with the explanation that I'd need to do an RUU to get back to stock? Feeling pretty much dumber from that point on, there are so many RUU files around that I do not know which one I should be using? Any help on this is appreciated.

Steps done so far:

Factory reset from settings
Factory reset from recovery mode
Installing soundhound from Play Store (yea.. no difference)
Continuously attempting it at least 11 to 13 times, still the same thing over again.

BTW: I seem to be getting the app called WeChat every time I reset my phone, I wonder why... I know it's a messaging app but didn't know it'd come with the phone pre-loaded.. uh..

oh and oh, apart from OTA, any other way for me to install it from PC or something? I remember being able to update via iTunes instead of OTA for a newer version of iOS, although of course that was iOS, just wondering if it were possible for the Android as well. Hmm.. oh well

I would really appreciate all the help I can get, really want the Sense 6 UI to test, thank you very much!

Install odexed zip in twrp will fix 100%
EDIT: added bootloader image

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2799281

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.mohsinbaig

i have exactly the same issue. mine was cid 332. latin american m7 htc one sense5.5 hboot 1.56
on update to sense 6 its stuck on 30 % with red triangle. once open their is message preload not found tunein.apk missing.

after 1.5 month the update available for my cid but cant install it. i unlock by htcdev but still s-on and not rooted. i reset factory setting from recovery \ bootloader \ phone and problem still the same.i dont want custom ROM

i check with local htc. they told me to check with america HTC help line as my phone is from american region. i dont know why i got latin american region phone in middle east. thanks to online store. HTC American region just waste my days and after all the serial and model detail they told me since you are in middle east visit their branch in Qatar. how i should visit qatar for fixing phone to get sense 6?

well check in dubai service center they told me that motherboard need to replace cost 40% of phone. since i unlock by htc itself i still need to pay for 3 month used device.

i am exhausted.

Install odexed zip Rom , http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2799281
Last edited by ahmed blue; 30th June 2014 at 11:11 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
preload ruu ota sense 6
Previous Thread Next Thread