29th June 2014, 09:41 PM   |  #11  
Flag Managua
Thanks Meter: 127

626 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyRasta

Hi guys

I'm now running LG 4X HD. It has so much dev support and like p880's devs very much. But battery life, heat from Tegra and bugs and lags in AOSP roms are making me tired. All bugs are introduced because of the fact that p880 stopped at 4.1.2 android and sources provided by LG along with it. But devs made 4.4.4 happren anyway

I can exchange my p880 for LG optimus G without paying for it. Question is: is it worth it ?

I would like to know what do you think of dev support of OG:
-Are there good kernel available ?
-Are there bug free 4.4 ROMs ? (p880 have CM, PA, SlimKat, Nameless, OMNI and many others )
-Are the sources of LG 4.4 android available ?

Thank you for answers, I must make the decision, to jump or to stay

EDIT : **** ! I thought I was in Q&A section sorry ! If mod would move this thread I would be happy

If the optimus g is in good condition i say do it. Just know that the roms on the optimus g are no better tho, our roms are not buggy but devs always abandon the projects and leave us with one or two major bugs, aside from cyanogenmod tho most 4.4 roms are pretty stable, then again also a lot of devs always overclock gpu and cpu and disable thermal throttling -_- which is completely unmecesary on this device seriously, that wont compensate for the lag on the rom, but im just bwing butthurt. I say do it, better specs and shares a lot with the Nexus 4.
The Following User Says Thank You to Galileo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th June 2014, 10:30 PM   |  #12  
San Diego
Thanks Meter: 28

44 posts
More
Quote:

So no real difference beetwen F180 and E975 ? Just flash ROM and F180 baseband after it ? Are there any problems after conversion ? One thing that puts me off about LG stock is the looks of it, so that's why I wanted to know about custom ROMs, if they're stable and smooth.
I also do not care for radio ,Thanks for all the help !

The baseband is the only difference, for the rest, the optimus G has the best utility which can have any LG, called Freegee (need root), with this application you can make backup of EFS, unlock bootloader, restore EFS, install CWM , EVERYTHING!.

It can be rooted with Towelroot or framaroot, is very easy, if you are installing a new rom, and you have no signal, restores EFS and go!

else you have not mentioned is that there are several models of Optimus G, and each model has different roms, you need to read the guides and tutorials, roms to understand that to serve models.
The Following User Says Thank You to Javier_Vzla For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th June 2014, 10:53 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 91

240 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galileo

If the optimus g is in good condition i say do it. Just know that the roms on the optimus g are no better tho, our roms are not buggy but devs always abandon the projects and leave us with one or two major bugs, aside from cyanogenmod tho most 4.4 roms are pretty stable, then again also a lot of devs always overclock gpu and cpu and disable thermal throttling -_- which is completely unmecesary on this device seriously, that wont compensate for the lag on the rom, but im just bwing butthurt. I say do it, better specs and shares a lot with the Nexus 4.

I mean does the roms have reboots, freezes ? What kinda bugs ? Thought CM would be most stable, how is liquid smooth you are running ?

Official CM, thought it would be rock solid :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier_Vzla

The baseband is the only difference, for the rest, the optimus G has the best utility which can have any LG, called Freegee (need root), with this application you can make backup of EFS, unlock bootloader, restore EFS, install CWM , EVERYTHING!.

It can be rooted with Towelroot or framaroot, is very easy, if you are installing a new rom, and you have no signal, restores EFS and go!

else you have not mentioned is that there are several models of Optimus G, and each model has different roms, you need to read the guides and tutorials, roms to understand that to serve models.

So I get my f180 flash any e975 ROM and proper baseband, restore EFS and I'm ready to go ?
I know of these models no worries
Thanks for all the support guys !

Sent from my LG-P880 using XDA Free mobile app
29th June 2014, 11:01 PM   |  #14  
San Diego
Thanks Meter: 28

44 posts
More
Quote:

I mean does the roms have reboots, freezes ? What kinda bugs ? Thought CM would be most stable, how is liquid smooth you are running ?

So I get my f180 flash any e975 ROM and proper baseband, restore EFS and I'm ready to go ?
I know of these models no worries
Thanks for all the support guys !

Sent from my LG-P880 using XDA Free mobile app

1 - Root with towelroot or framaroot
2 - install Freegee from the play store
3 - Backup EFS
4 - Unlock Bootloader (Mako method)
5 - go to recovery with volume up + power, then move the options with the volume keys and select "Recovery mode" then press power
6 - Install your favorite rom, then the baseband, and enjoy

If you do not run into signal restores EFS with freegee and that's it
29th June 2014, 11:03 PM   |  #15  
Flag Managua
Thanks Meter: 127

626 posts
More
[QUOTE=FunkyRasta;53780767]I mean does the roms have reboots, freezes ? What kinda bugs ? Thought CM would be most stable, how is liquid smooth you are running ?

Hahaha Nah in my opinion CM sucks, **** always has bugs here and there in every release, reboots and battery drain. Irecommend unofficial omni rom, its the only bugless rom ive tried other than stock, theres a lot to try from tho, most of the bugs our roms have are minor so dont worry, also you can jist use stock kitkat, stable, battery life is amazing and it is pretty fast.
The Following User Says Thank You to Galileo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2014, 12:41 PM   |  #16  
Flag Islamabad
Thanks Meter: 56

684 posts
More
[QUOTE=Galileo;53780976]
Quote:

Hahaha Nah in my opinion CM sucks, **** always has bugs here and there in every release, reboots and battery drain. Irecommend unofficial omni rom, its the only bugless rom ive tried other than stock, theres a lot to try from tho, most of the bugs our roms have are minor so dont worry, also you can jist use stock kitkat, stable, battery life is amazing and it is pretty fast.

I 100% agree with this. Moved on to official KK Sling on my optimus G when my phone locked up for about 2 hours and when I tried to turn it on again, its screen kept ghosting for 2 or 3 hours I dunno.... I had to keep it turned off in my Fridge and luckily the screen was cleared off again.. Not moving on to any rom containing Custom/CM kernel ever. Damn that almost threw me off the edge about owning an LG phone right there but trouble was the rom.

I'd say Prefer Optimus G over anything (except if the hardware is more recent and powerful and u got wallet for that). Especially, with latest official KK release from LG and its mods, battery life is rock solid and phone doesnt burn your hands.
30th June 2014, 01:08 PM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 91

240 posts
More
Okay it seems I will not have to sell my p880

I can buy "damaged" f180 (someone bricked it , it stays at download mode) for around 30 $ I'll just reflash it and use it for some time , try different ROMs and decide whether to stay on p880 If it boots into download mode there's no reason not to be able to unbrick it, yes ?
30th June 2014, 01:39 PM   |  #18  
Flag YVR
Thanks Meter: 619

1,355 posts
More
Quote:

If it boots into download mode there's no reason not to be able to unbrick it, yes ?

If it boots into DL mode, you have a VERY good chance of restoring it to stock; basically, it's not bricked. For 30 bucks, what do you have to lose, anyway? Lucky bastard! I always buy my phones cheap, but this is as good as free...

The Following User Says Thank You to kt-Froggy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread