Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Android is upgrading- Optimizing apps x of x

OP Nishad1982

8th June 2014, 03:50 AM   |  #1  
Nishad1982's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 31
 
210 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
After upgrading to Harsh Jelly 5.2 I odexed it. Now each time I reboot this upgrading and optimization happens. It takes a long time to boot up.
I did a fresh install doing factory reset etc.
When I ran odex command I disabled zipalign options.
Anyone experienced such issues? Plz share your thoughts.

Edit - In each reboot dalvik cache is being cleared. That's why it is happening.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by Nishad1982; 8th June 2014 at 04:13 AM.
8th June 2014, 08:00 AM   |  #2  
ajeshmanu's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cochin, Newdelhi
Thanks Meter: 32
 
132 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishad1982

After upgrading to Harsh Jelly 5.2 I odexed it. Now each time I reboot this upgrading and optimization happens. It takes a long time to boot up.
I did a fresh install doing factory reset etc.
When I ran odex command I disabled zipalign options.
Anyone experienced such issues? Plz share your thoughts.

Edit - In each reboot dalvik cache is being cleared. That's why it is happening.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Free mobile app


Y u odexed it? I already replied to you. I had this prblm bt a clean install helped me....i didnt odexed it anyway
8th June 2014, 12:15 PM   |  #3  
Nishad1982's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 31
 
210 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Does anyone know how to disable clearing dalvik cache on reboot?

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Free mobile app
8th June 2014, 01:38 PM   |  #4  
shut_down's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 3,493
 
7,647 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishad1982

Does anyone know how to disable clearing dalvik cache on reboot?

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Free mobile app

Check if you have any script in init.d folder that does that.
8th June 2014, 03:11 PM   |  #5  
jineshpatel30's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vadodara
Thanks Meter: 162
 
392 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishad1982

After upgrading to Harsh Jelly 5.2 I odexed it. Now each time I reboot this upgrading and optimization happens. It takes a long time to boot up.
I did a fresh install doing factory reset etc.
When I ran odex command I disabled zipalign options.
Anyone experienced such issues? Plz share your thoughts.

Edit - In each reboot dalvik cache is being cleared. That's why it is happening.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Free mobile app

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeshmanu

Y u odexed it? I already replied to you. I had this prblm bt a clean install helped me....i didnt odexed it anyway

these may be helpful...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=3450

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=3452

don't ask any thing about it in original cocore thread as it was off topic there

and if it'll help don't forget to hit thanks
10th June 2014, 12:40 PM   |  #6  
Nishad1982's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 31
 
210 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jineshpatel30

these may be helpful...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=3450

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=3452

don't ask any thing about it in original cocore thread as it was off topic there

and if it'll help don't forget to hit thanks

tried with luckypatcher several times. no progress. same as before.
30th June 2014, 12:05 PM   |  #7  
Nishad1982's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 31
 
210 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Someone plz fix this issue.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Free mobile app
30th June 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #8  
shut_down's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 3,493
 
7,647 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_down

Check if you have any script in init.d folder that does that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishad1982

Someone plz fix this issue.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Free mobile app

Did you do what I told you to try before?

And you should ask creator of that reodexing script what you should do maybe.
30th June 2014, 01:46 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Flag Pitesti
Thanks Meter: 24
 
119 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
For those who have problems with odexing rom. Do a clean install of HarshJelly 5.2 then download the odexer tool from here :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2390162
Tip: Download UOS_V642_ARMEABI.zip for ARM devices like S Advance.
Flash it via recovery, reboot phone, open terminal emulator and type:
su
dexo -all

Wait until odex in done (apps will force close). When odex done reboot. If phone freezes after reboot, reboot again. For me is working, rom is odexed and smooth. No Android is upgrading message on boot.
Sorry for my bad english.
Last edited by 115dan; 30th June 2014 at 01:49 PM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 115dan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes